What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
DH clicked the box for the free chick before I could stop him, because we do not want roosters! Sure enough, the mystery chick is a roo, and 3 out of the 13 surviving chickens in the order are also roos, so we got some bad luck there. The mystery chick is a buff-laced Polish and the rest of the flock are LF cochins, so at 5 weeks the females are already dwarfing the poor little Polish. I'm thinking we'll have to get him his own friend, since he's way too cool-looking to part with!

Thinking this must be my mystery chick. It's getting a mowhak and has extra toes. Could it be a polish or houdan?
[/IMG]

Any guesses on this one? I ordered all heavier laid back breed of chicks from mcmurray and this one along with an Easter egger was sent as my mystery chicks. I haven't the foggiest idea what he could be. Legs and beak are yellow, strong chipmunk markings, kinda speckle looking head
markings, and slightly smaller and way more active than my buff orps and light brahmas.

Any guesses on this one? I ordered all heavier laid back breed of chicks from mcmurray and this one along with an Easter egger was sent as my mystery chicks. I haven't the foggiest idea what he could be. Legs and beak are yellow, strong chipmunk markings, kinda speckle looking head
markings, and slightly smaller and way more active than my buff orps and light brahmas.
looks like a golden laced Wyandotte
-Liv

Here are updated pics of my mystery chick.
Its at 5 1/2 weeks now

He's a handsome dude (and yes, certainly a roo). I see that some mottling is starting to show through. He could be a Speckled Sussex but that doesn't look like a single comb he has. I've only ever had a Speckled Sussex hen, so I'm not sure what the roosters look like. He could also possibly be a Spangled Hamburg? My hen had far more white on her at that age, but again, I never had a rooster so I'm not sure how they feather out. Whatever he is, I'm sure he'll just get more handsome with age. : )

I have not gotten mine chicks yet..... they come on the 25th......... i cant wait! Im hoping for a fun little mystery chick.:weee i am getting 4 BR, 4 PWL, 4 RIR, 4 BS, and 4 Arucanas. :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom