What Went Wrong?

warmandfuzzy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
My second chick was about 1/3 out of the shell when some greenish liquid came out. The chick struggled for a minute then went still. I am sure it is dead. It is large and looks fully formed, why did this happen? This is so sad for only our second chick!!
The first chick is climbing all over the other eggs. It is not dry yet but it is turning the other eggs with all the moving around. I am worried this little guy will keep some of the other ones from hatching.
sad.png

The green liquid was still dripping from the egg so I quickly removed it from the incubator. I don't need any stink in there. The chick is dead so I peeled away the shell. It was beautiful but had not absorbed all its yolk sac. I think it got a hole in the yolk, maybe his own toe nail? Once it started leaking I guess it died. So sad. Five more pips but no one else ready to hatch. I will post pics of the newbies in the morning.

sorry about your chic. Chic bumping into the other eggs won't hurt anything, happens everytime i hatch a batch.

Back
Top Bottom