What were you doing the morning of 9/11?

Whispering Winds

Songster
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Bond County, Illinois
I was home sick with a sinus infection and my son was just over a year and he had an ear infection. I was a Today show watcher, and I will never forget that look on Matt and Katie's face as they watched that second plane come in and hit that tower. It was like the day JFK was shot. You never forget. What a sad day for our country. But, we rallied and this will never happen again.

I just had sent the kids off to school and sat down to watch Little House on the Prairie when it was cut in on. I thought it was the normal pres speach and was shocked to hear what happened. I remember being glued to the tv all day. Thinking about those poor people who were stuck inside the building possibly alive possibly not.
sad.png

Quoted from another thread I just posted this on:

That morning my DH and I were on our way to the Conecuh National Forest for a release and to go for a hike in the woods. There were 2 fighter jets flying around 'dog fighting', it appeared. They were causing the ground to shake and I was getting nervous because I haven't ever seen that kind of flying even in the Blue Angels Air Shows. We saw them right around the time it happened. We didn't find out until we were on our way home later and stopped at a store for some drinks and saw it on their news TV. We were shocked and saddened by it all.

I was at work, when a co-worker came into the office and told us about the twin towers. We thought she was lying. I really wish she had been.

I was at home working my in home child care. My sister called screaming at me asking if my TV was on and yelling at me when I said no. I just stood there shocked staring at it. We lived on a military base at the time. Security was so tight after that. They would actually board the school buses fully armed and check them before they would let it back on base to bring the kids home.

Such a sad day

I was living on Schofeild in Hawaii. I was alseep and my brother comes bursting in my room yelling "we are under attack! They are bombing New York!"

I was at my job nannying for a 1 yr. old who's mom was home about to have another baby. We were both glued to the t.v. and could not believe what was happening.

Back
Top Bottom