What were you doing the morning of 9/11?

mom'sfolly :

I was in the car taking my son to preschool. I heard it on a radio station where the guys routinely joke around. It wasn't my regular station, and I remember thinking "what a crass thing to joke about" and switching over to my regular NPR station. Then I knew it was real. I spent much of the rest of the day in front of the TV, crying.

This was me too. I was sorta listening as I drove to college and Katie Couric was getting all hysterical on the radio. I listened as she reported the second and third airplanes. When I got to class I still didn't really realize what was happening and finally one kid raised his hand and told the chemistry professor there was a national disaster going on and we should go find out what was happening. She dismissed us and we watched the towers fall from the student lounge.

It was a surreal day.​

I was at school in third grade... one teacher started crying snd i didnt know why...they then turned on the news and we all saw it...but at that age I had no idea what the Twin Towers were

I was at work and my coworker came over and told me that a plane hit the Twin Towers. I thought she was joking and she showed me a small portable TV on her desk with a cardboard flap to cover the screen. (she can listen but can not watch).

It was horrible! I just could not imagine the people dropping out of the windows, people trapped or exposed to airline fuel.

I was glued to the TV most of the day.

Hubby was at work and didnt know about it until he got off work. He wanted to go there and help those poor people but he didnt get selected by the Red Cross to go there.

Sitting up in my high chair eating breakfast when my grandma called and told my mom to turn on the news.As soon as the plane went in I started crying.My mom was like,"It's okay."But I knew better.Mom and Dad were watching the news,which I didn't like.(I still don't.)So they went downstairs to watch it while I could watch baby shows upstairs.I could still hear it though,so I started trying to yell,"Can you lower it?"But I was too young to yell properly.I tried to focus on my show.And the rest of the day was just like an day for me,except my mother was downstairs watching the news,and I wanted to try to walk to her without falling a million times.But I couldn't get out of my stinkin' high chair!!!!!!!!!

I was getting ready to do my morning exercise. Turned on Today show...shocking. I called my husband a firefighter at work...I think he thought I was nuts. I hung up frustrated. He called back a minute later in shock also. The following weeks and months were crazy at the Fire Department. Even though we live clear across the country...people were in panic for a while. Increased security everywhere. Some of the department went back to help. Everyone wanted to go but someone had to stay home and protect locally. Firefighters everywhere have this bond of brotherhood. If it happens to one it is devastating to all. Calling it a horrifying event is an understatement for sure. God bless our America.

I was working in the office of a Catholic High School. One of the female students was rushed into the office to use the phone because she had an uncle who Worked in one the towers. Fortunately, for her family, he didn't go to work that day, but she was in a horrible state. There were many prayers that day.

Back
Top Bottom