What WON'T your chickens eat?

Cucumbers! Like why?! Why do you hate cucumbers so much?? We had at least 4 or 5 volunteer plants pop up in our one garden this year that I marked as "chicken treats", which backfired, so now we have entirely too many pickles lol
I have never had any chickens that cared for cucumbers. Reminds me of my Grandpa Shook who wouldn't eat them either. I recall him stating that, "why would you eat something that even hogs and chickens wouldn't eat".

Once I brought the treat bowl out and sat it on the ground with nothing in it but a few sliced black olives, Rosie (the first one to get to the treats, always) put her beak in and looked at them like they were poison, it was the funniest thing... but when I went back out they were gone so someone liked them. Bananas were a no go for my birds as well until I brought them out unpeeled and the younger ones watched and pecked as I peeled...now everyone loves bananas.

Mine like to get in the garden and eat what's growing, like cucumber and carrot tops, but when I specifically give them carrots and cucumber peels, they turn up their noses. :hmm

I have seen them eat worms but when I found one the other day and tried to give it to them, none wanted it. Go figure. :confused: Should have been an easy treat.

Earwigs (darn, wish they would eat them)
Fuzzy caterpillars

After watching one of my older hens find an old plastic fishing worm (the rubbery ones) and fight for her life to eat that stupid thing, I don't think there's really not anything mine won't eat.

I love them but God are they dumb 😂

🤔 I think I've seen them avoid cabbage tho. And broccoli!! They avoid broccoli like the plague.

Their "You're our favorite person EVER" list:
Blueberries
Cherries
Yogurt
Cottage cheese
Cherry tomatoes
Canned cat food
Night crawlers
Crickets
Watermelon
Grapes
Mealworms