What worm is this?

Working on a better photo. The ones posted were enlarged a couple of times. It's getting dried up. Any chance we can start ruling out what it's not?

So sorry this photo is so poor.My camera phone refuses to focus on it up close. :/

I've never seen anything but pictures of tapes, and tape segments from my cat, so can't say for sure what it is. Can you get a fecal done?

-Kathy

Perhaps. I didn't see any "worms" today and her droppings look really good. I did get out a dried meal worm and it definitely looks like that. She has some dried mucus around her nose. Eating well. Not noticing the head shake today. I thought she was suffering from clostridium perfringens last week. That seems to have passed. I always use natural remedies for any problems that come up. So far so good. My flock has never been wormed. I have 5 hens that are two and a half years old and 9 pullets that are 17 weeks old. I do use AVC in there water. I just bought Rooster Booster Dewormer after reading about it on here. After more reading I have decided against it. At least, for now. I was thinking the worms were causing the respiratory infection. Just need to rethink. Can I rule out round worms, etc for right now? Happy to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Chirp up! Anyone else seen this?

Last edited:
Perhaps. I didn't see any "worms" today and her droppings look really good. I did get out a dried meal worm and it definitely looks like that. She has some dried mucus around her nose. Eating well. Not noticing the head shake today. I thought she was suffering from clostridium perfringens last week. That seems to have passed. I always use natural remedies for any problems that come up. So far so good. My flock has never been wormed. I have 5 hens that are two and a half years old and 9 pullets that are 17 weeks old. I do use AVC in there water. I just bought Rooster Booster Dewormer after reading about it on here. After more reading I have decided against it. At least, for now. I was thinking the worms were causing the respiratory infection. Just need to rethink. Can I rule out round worms, etc for right now? Happy to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Chirp up! Anyone else seen this?
It's not possible to rule out worms unless you have multiple fecals done. Why did you decide against the Rooster Booster?

-Kathy

I decided against the Rooster Booster, because I'm thinking this is a tapeworm. It won't help with that. Also, I have read so much negative info about the antibiotic in it. However, I ordered it online and it arrives today. Thinking I may try it with just her. Her droppings look soooo much better than last week I'm almost hesitant to mess with the improvement. Still, we have the crusty nose. Perhaps there is a better choice for that. By the way, Kathy, thanks for hanging in there with me. At this point I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything like this.

Back
Top Bottom