what would a white leghorn x rir look like?

jmc

Crowing
12 Years
Jul 22, 2008
South Central MA
not interested if either parent is a so called heritage bird, either.

just 'What would the offspring of such a cross look like?', if anyone has an idea, which i bet no one does for sure!

i got some they are red just like rir some got white feathers here an there

so you know 'for sure' they are the offspring of such a cross? maybe you did the cross yourself?
you wouldn't have pics handy, eh? if not don't trouble yourself

and THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY!

Don't know if it matters if the rooster is the RIR or the Leghorn? I saw one of the hatcheries selling them as "Tetra Tints". I have two I hatched out when I got my first incubator a few months ago. I'll go take some pictures of them. Be back in a bit.

not interested if either parent is a so called heritage bird, either.

just 'What would the offspring of such a cross look like?', if anyone has an idea, which i bet no one does for sure!

RIR are eWh wheaten (or eb depending on the line) Columbian restricted(Co) and other genes enhancing the red pigment like Mahogany(Mh)

white leghors are Birchen(ER) Dominant White(I) and other dominant genes like recessive mottling and Sex Link Silver and Barring are also found on white leghorns(production type, could be different on herritage birds)

ER is Dominant to eWh making the Bird almost black(Birchen) then one shot of dominant white(I/i+ i+ is from their RIR parent) will make them almost completely white..

how would they look? almost self white with some ground color leaking.. also with some black spots due to the leaky dominant white..

Back
Top Bottom