What would be the best hatchery for me?

HuestisFarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Fly Creek, NY
I've been interested in McMurray, Welp & Ideal... but I was wondering if there is a good hatchery that is closer to me. Obviously for less stress on the chicks. I'm not looking to purchase any at this moment & time, but I like doing my research first.

If anyone knows of some decent hatcheries near New York, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
smile.png

Hmm... CT way... I'll have to check them out! Thanks, PouletsDeCajun!
smile.png

Edit :: Not much of a selection, though is there? But they do have Jersey Giants & Dominiques that I like.

Last edited:
Good Morning HeustisFarm,

Here's the scoop. Central Tractor gets chicks every spring. I know there's one down Oneida way and one in North Utica. Must be one down close to you.... maybe Cooperstown or Oneonta? The one's up my way order from Mt Healthy Hatchery. It's also my understanding that the cooperative extension in Cooperstown has birds in the spring. I can get more info on that if you'd like me to or you could call the extension and inquire directly. I've never used them, but a family friend has. She gets her turkeys from the extension. On the side.... Central Tractor in Oneida was willing to order what I wanted when they got their shipment last spring. Nice perk - you could talk to the store manager. Hope this helps some.....

SussexGal :: Thanks for your reply! I know TSC (in Oneonta) offers chicks every spring, but I just assumed that what they offered is what you got - I'll definitely have to look into. And I never even thought of contacting our local cooperative extension program! Thank you muchos!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom