What would happen if I bred...

I have a mix of these two right now, only a week old! Super excited to see what features the chick inherits most as it grows.
20211220_182156.jpg

Was the silkie the father? If so then you'll have sex links with males having white skin, & females with black skin.

Is this the case for all Silkie crosses where the male is the father, where the black skin are cockerels and the mother's skin are pullets, or just for this particular cross? I'd love to learn more about this!

Is this the case for all Silkie crosses where the male is the father, where the black skin are cockerels and the mother's skin are pullets, or just for this particular cross? I'd love to learn more about this!
Yes I think it works like this.

And I really don't want it to work like that😭 Because that would mean I have 4 cockerels and 1 pullet :barnie

Also the pullet is growing golden laced feathers around her neck🤷‍♀️ Mother had Silver

Yes I think it works like this.

And I really don't want it to work like that😭 Because that would mean I have 4 cockerels and 1 pullet :barnie

Also the pullet is growing golden laced feathers around her neck🤷‍♀️ Mother had Silver

Oh, no! Them's the odds I guess! Maybe next time?

That's very useful to know for when I start my Silkie project! I didn't realise that was the case.

Back
Top Bottom