What would I get if I crossed…?

Feb 28, 2022
What would I get if I crossed a Blue/satin/frizzle/Silkie male to a Buff/Silkie female?

I also have a NN/Ameraucana hen that I thought I could experiment with too. Thank you in advance for any ideas or thoughts. :)

What would I get if I crossed a Blue/satin/frizzle/Silkie male to a Buff/Silkie female?
Black chicks and blue chicks in approximately equal numbers, with a chance of other colors depending on what genes the blue male has.

Chicks are likely to have some amount of buff leakage as they grow, rather than being solid black or blue.

Frizzle chicks and not-frizzle chicks, about equal numbers of each.

Either all chicks will be satin-feathered, or half will be silkie-feathered, depending on what genes the male has. (Yes, some chicks could have frizzled silkie feathers.)

I also have a NN/Ameraucana hen that I thought I could experiment with too.
Blue/satin/frizzle/Silkie male with NN/Ameraucana hen

Probably half the chicks will have a naked neck and the other half will not.

Chicks are likely to have crest, feathered feet, 5th toe, and comb type from the father. If he has muff/beard, chicks are likely to have that too.

Half of chicks should have frizzled feathers, the other half should have plain feathers. I would not expect any silkied feathers from this cross.

Color of the chicks will be affected by the mother's color (which isn't stated), but it's likely that many will be black or blue.

Black chicks and blue chicks in approximately equal numbers, with a chance of other colors depending on what genes the blue male has.

Chicks are likely to have some amount of buff leakage as they grow, rather than being solid black or blue.

Frizzle chicks and not-frizzle chicks, about equal numbers of each.

Either all chicks will be satin-feathered, or half will be silkie-feathered, depending on what genes the male has. (Yes, some chicks could have frizzled silkie feathers.)

Blue/satin/frizzle/Silkie male with NN/Ameraucana hen

Probably half the chicks will have a naked neck and the other half will not.

Chicks are likely to have crest, feathered feet, 5th toe, and comb type from the father. If he has muff/beard, chicks are likely to have that too.

Half of chicks should have frizzled feathers, the other half should have plain feathers. I would not expect any silkied feathers from this cross.

Color of the chicks will be affected by the mother's color (which isn't stated), but it's likely that many will be black or blue.
wow you sure now alot about genes

Back
Top Bottom