What would you call this breed?

CherieNZ

Songster
Apr 16, 2021
This hen is the result of 2nd generation Rhode Island Red father x Legbar mother hybrids (meaning RIR x LG hybrid siblings mated and this is the result). I'm guessing the genetics are e+e+, MhMh, CoCo, B, but I'm very new to this and can't be sure. Though it looks like they aren't barred, they do actually have some barred feathers, making me think they do still have the barring gene from their grandmother, but the white barring has been darkened to a fawn colour by double (or single) mahogany genes from the RIR grandfather - a phenomenon I've seen in some of my other hens, or at least I think so. I'm hoping they will breed true in the next few generations because they are so beautiful (there are 2 identical hens).
My question is do chickens like this already exist? If not, what would you call them?

Attachments

• Pretty Girl 2 - Cropped.png
    Pretty Girl 2 - Cropped.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • Pretty Girl - Cropped.png
    Pretty Girl - Cropped.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 5
  • Pretty Girl 3.jpg
    Pretty Girl 3.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 5
This hen is the result of 2nd generation Rhode Island Red father x Legbar mother hybrids (meaning RIR x LG hybrid siblings mated and this is the result). I'm guessing the genetics are e+e+, MhMh, CoCo, B, but I'm very new to this and can't be sure. Though it looks like they aren't barred, they do actually have some barred feathers, making me think they do still have the barring gene from their grandmother, but the white barring has been darkened to a fawn colour by double (or single) mahogany genes from the RIR grandfather - a phenomenon I've seen in some of my other hens, or at least I think so. I'm hoping they will breed true in the next few generations because they are so beautiful (there are 2 identical hens).
My question is do chickens like this already exist? If not, what would you call them?
There good looking

I want one lol I have a chicken that looks a little similar but not all the way...I like yours better lol
20211124_121110.jpg

You get a group of birds that all look the same and when bred together, they produce copies of themselves consistently and that offspring also does for a few generations
It's what I'm trying to do. I'm looking forward to the next generations. These hens are just about to start laying! If these were to breed true, what do you think would be an accurate name?

Back
Top Bottom