What would you do? -which chicken breeds

Mamaperreca

Chirping
9 Years
May 16, 2010
Missouri
So I currently have 4 females and 3 males. I have a cinnamon queen type mix, a "easter egger" she isn't really though. Her feathers are kind of an easter egger color mix but she has a straight comb and only a tiny bit of green to her legs. She lays a brown egg, but a nice BIG egg and lays almost every day. So I don't care what she is. Then I have two black sexlinked pullets that are not laying yet.

Males - Black Copper Maran Rooster, Easter Egger rooster with beard, muffs, green legs, pea/rose comb (whatever you call it). He has a lot of awesome potential. Then I have a Polish Roo who is just for a pet.

So I can add a few more girls to my flock. What should I choose??

Here were some thoughts. Americauna or other green egg layers would be cool because then if I wanted to I could breed to my Marans and maybe get some Khaki layers. I could breed to my EE Roo and hopefully get more green egg layer girls. This is all just for fun for me or to sell to local backyard peeps that just want pretty eggs.

Like wise, if I got a Barred female, I could hatch out some sex linked babies and keep the girls (eat the boys).
wink.png

I found this on Craigslist for my area:

I have 2 americaunas, 1 barred rock, and 1 blue marans, all a little over a year old.

Someone that has to get rid of her flock.

Barred Rock/Marans mix would make a good sized eatin' bird. We did some dual purpose birds this summer and they took longer to grow but were mighty tasty. They should also be sex linked and I could keep or sell the pullets.​

Back
Top Bottom