What would you do with an Evil Squirrel?

If one doesn't already own a gun, getting a permit and the purchase of one; learning how to handle it safely, finding out what the local regulations are regarding the discharge of firearms within x number of feet of an occupied dwelling, etc, can get rather complicated.
idunno.gif

depends on where you live i can buy a gun in a couple hours and need no permits for a rifle or shotgun. First time I bought a gun it was a 12 gauge shotgun and I was in and out of the store in about an hour, I was 19.

I would argue drowning animals is torture.

I live on 7+ acres; my nearest neighbors live about 10 feet from my property lines. If I fired off anything (even a firecracker), I could probably expect a LEO on my doorstep within about 15 minutes . . . .

You do what you feel you have to do.
idunno.gif

I live on 7+ acres; my nearest neighbors live about 10 feet from my property lines. If I fired off anything (even a firecracker), I could probably expect a LEO on my doorstep within about 15 minutes . . . .

You do what you feel you have to do.
idunno.gif
just one of the advantages to living in the boonies, my friends from the city like to come down and shoot, we will spend hours shooting away and never get bothered. I have 15 acres, the closest neighbor is an apocalypse preper, he doesnt care, the land behind me is owned by an apocalyptic church (occult), I think we are all on the same page. lol if i called the cops it would take half an hour before i herd the faintest siren.

May I interject, I had a similar problem with a squirrel and my birds and like you I was deciding if I should or should not kill him. I had a small time frame to choose, "good and loyal" Peepeye and "Fattie the bull" Brovo my pugs were keeping the intruder at bay.
The next day my brother came to visit, my ma told him what was going on and he took my gun from my private chambers and killed the squirrel. I was upset that he did that I don't know why but I felt something there something not right maybe I was just getting soft. 3 days pass I kept hearing a screeching
Sound, faint at first then loud. Peepeye was the one who found them first 4 baby squirrels
My brother had murdered there mother! I know that the loss of one of your girls is heart breaking but please think before you act
Killing is not always the answer

squirrel season started 5/24, there is no danger in that right now, they are not raising young or mating right now.

If I still lived on my family's ranch, I would shoot the squirrel, but someone would call the police and get me arrested if they even saw me with a knife where I now live. lol
I think I might just drown him. He might just die of the stress.
jessica wedda14, squirrel season was a while ago. The squirrel defiantly not a mother. He had the nerve to eat a load of chicken food today, and then take a nice snooze on my outdoor counter.

I guess this is tourturing an animal, but what I mean is, I wouldn't do it if I had no reason to. This squirrel is dangerous and a threat to everyone.

Thanks for the help everyone!

If I still lived on my family's ranch, I would shoot the squirrel, but someone would call the police and get me arrested if they even saw me with a knife where I now live. lol
I think I might just drown him. He might just die of the stress.
jessica wedda14, squirrel season was a while ago. The squirrel defiantly not a mother. He had the nerve to eat a load of chicken food today, and then take a nice snooze on my outdoor counter.

I guess this is tourturing an animal, but what I mean is, I wouldn't do it if I had no reason to. This squirrel is dangerous and a threat to everyone.

Thanks for the help everyone!
you have to do what you have to do. I hope its quick

It's crazy how different places are, everybody here carries a knife. The rule in school was the blade had to be under 3'' and almost every boy carried a knife. We had a shooting range upstairs so the JROTC could shoot air rifles also, so i guess we are a little lenient.

Quote: Wow. I'll say it's different! A few years ago, the local news carried a story about a high school student who was suspended from school because someone spotted a toy gun in the back seat of his car, which was parked in the parking lot. The gun had been left there by the kid's younger brother; the kid swore he didn't even know it was there.

If a student was found to have a knife on his or her person, regardless of the size, they'd be arrested. That's what is meant locally by a "zero tolerance" policy.

I've never had to deal directly with a squirrel, but have done things I'm not proud of to rats; I feel like a pest must be dealt with as expeditiously as possible.

Thanks for everyone's post! We finally caught the evil squirrel after 3 days. It was born in spring, and it's been living it's entire life eating OUR tomatoes from the vines. It was smart enough to understand that the trap was a trap, so it didn't go in the trap for the 3 days. We made a trail of tomatoes into the trap, and that worked amazingly, but the squirrel wasn't heavy enough to shut the trap, so we put a rock on the lever thing and that worked!

We put it in the garbage can. We filled the can with some water (only like 2 inches), so it can drink, or drown. I think it knows how he ended up in there, being a naughty squirrel.
Finally, the horrible squirrel is not going to be a menace anymore. If he had just acted like all the other squirrels around here, he wouldn't be locked in a trash can.

Back
Top Bottom