What would you do with an Evil Squirrel?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chickenlover09, Aug 2, 2014.

1. chickenlover09

chickenlover09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    Basically, this dam (sorry) squirrel attacked and killed my dear silkie chick Sully.
    We just bought a Havaheart squirrel trap. We put some peanut butter and chick food in it, and we left it outside over night. We think we're going to catch something tommorrow afternoon. Thats when the squirrel always comes by. It seems to be one squirrel who has caused all the trouble. It eats up our garden and eats every ripe tomato, and it killed my dear Sully.

My question is, what would you do, if you caught the squirrel that killed your favorite chick? There is NO way that i'm letting it go somewhere else. I don't think I am emotionally capable of stabbing it. I can put it in the garbage and just leave it there to die on it's own. Any ideas?

Let me make this clear though, I am not an animal abuser. This squirrel is very evil. He also attacked my neighbors cat (he's very friendly). He is a very aggressive squirrel, but I wouldn't do this to any animal.

2. Gatsbysmum

Gatsbysmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Leaving him to die would be pretty cruel.... If you google how to kill a rabbit, you should be able to find a humane way. Some friends of mine use a tool that's basically a hole punch for the skull. It's fast and humane.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

You sure you just wouldn't let it go some place far from you home? That way, it shouldn't be able to come back. [​IMG]

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Shoot it. Break/wring it's neck. Set up a euthanasia chamber with Co2. There are multitude of ways to dispatch a nuisance animal.
    Do you really want it released next to your house? Giving the problem to someone else is irresponsible.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    This reminds me of when a coworker was talking about relocating a skunk far, far, far away from her home. When I asked her exactly where she turned that skunk loose, I found out she had put it in the field right next to my house! That was the year my rural area was fighting off rabid skunks like crazy.

Please don't relocate your problem. Any more, people live everywhere and you would just be making your problem someone else's.

6. kikithebird

kikithebird Chillin' With My Peeps

7. kikithebird

wonder why people are trapping and killing these birds it is because they are an environmental pest and disease carriers so its ok

8. kikithebird

would you rather have galahs corellas cockys lorikeets rosellas and pardelotes ravens and magpies or indian mynas and pigeons

9. kikithebird

my answer is the first one

10. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK
    I'm guessing its not really answered your question!?
    I'm the same I wouldn't kill it, but couldn't relocate it
    As every says its not fair
    Do toy have animal wildlife places that might take it and put it down or
    Try and curb its aggression?
    There are always lovers for all animals
    The way some of us would take on an evil roo
    Someone would help a killer squirrel
    But if you can't find anyone you have tried then give it to someone who can kill it without feeling guilty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by