What would YOU do with your lottery winnings????

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by go-veggie, Jul 25, 2008.

1. go-veggie

go-veggie Flew the Coop

[​IMG]I was just thinking, or should I say DREAMING, about winning the Powerball, or coming into some big money, and what I would do with it. I'm curious to hear what other people would do. It always seems like the people who win a huge jackpot just end up blowing it and not using it to make a difference in the world somehow. Here's what I would do....
    1. I'd set it up where our names wouldn't be released to the public and I'd find a financial advisor and attorney right away.
    2. I'd pay off our house and bills.
    3. Buy lots of land...build a house....and one heck of a chicken coop with fresh sod brought in every week.
    4. I'd have contests every month on BYC where people could win a new chicken coop and a year's worth of feed.
    5. I'd buy the farmer's land behind our evil neighbors and use part of it as a landfill and the other part as a 1/4 mile drag racing track...[​IMG][​IMG]
    6. Pay off friends and family's bills, home loans, etc.
    7. I'd go on my first ever vacation to Utah to spend time at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (aka: Heaven On Earth).[​IMG]
    8. I'd come home and start and animal shelter...modeled after theirs, and rescue animals until I die.
    9. Publish the cards and books I've written, and start a campaign to give books to needy children a few times a year so they always have new and interesting things to read.
    10. Oh, and I could use a trip to a spa once in a while... [​IMG]
    11. I'd be sure to invest and save along the way, with the help of good advice I'd be receiving, so that I wouldn't end up on one of those cable shows about people who won the lottery and lost it all in 6 years.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh, now back to reality!
    So, there's a few of my dreams...anyone else have any big plans? It's fun to let yourself get carried away for a few minutes in a little fantasy-it's a well deserved break for all of our stressed out brains![​IMG]

2. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    I'd invest it.

3. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I wouldn't tell a soul, not even my extended family. I would then pay off my home and my husbands truck. I would then give my house to my younger sister and then buy myself a new one with a pond. I would then invest the rest and live off from it.

4. FlockEweFarm

FlockEweFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    I would buy a ranch that is totally self-sustaining and off the grid out in the boonies of Idaho and I would build me a nice little ranch house out in the middle of it on the highest hill. I would build the ex a place off in the distance so he is close enough to see his kids, but not to be a pain in my neck. I would hire my long time love as my ranch hand and I would raise enough critters to feed my family. I would buy up the block where my house currently stands, with the exception of the evil neighbors place, I would then give all the houses that I bought, to the people that he told me I had better not sell my place to when I decided to sell out,(lets just say he would have to learn to love rap and mariachi music), because that would be the perfect comeuppance for an evil racist, and I would have a lawyer on retainer to protect the folks I gave the houses to.
    I would fund scholarships in memory of my grandparents, uncle and my friend Painter.
    I would set up an trust fund to ensure my son with Downs was always well taken care of.
    Donate a nice chunk to the WW2 memorial in honor of my grandpa.
    I would buy myself a pair of Frisian horses and I would go on an extended horseback riding trip.
    My sis and her family would want for nothing, and would have a nice extended vacation as well.
    Investments would be ongoing.

5. go-veggie

go-veggie Flew the Coop

It's fun to imagine what it would be like, hey? [​IMG]

6. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    well, since i dont need to pay nothin off...yet....

Id get a car, get a ranch, have a ton of chickens and ROOSTERS since id be far enough away from neighborers, Id get a new huge TV with a home theater system, And id prolly get a cool quad and some video games. Oh, and I'd take a trip to Japan to go see Tokyo [​IMG]

7. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Buy a farm with lots of land and a HUGE coop [​IMG]

8. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    buy lots of beautiful virginia land with a big coop, and save the rest in case...

9. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Buy land and buy LOTS of chickens! [​IMG]

10. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i would donate a chunk to my church. Buy my best friend a new car. Build a new house here and try to buy another 2 acres from my surrounding neighbor. Raise sheep and beef. Buy my older son a new truck and my dad. Pay off my grandmothers bills and my mortgage. Give my sisters some toward their college loans. Id buy a new hybrid suv and a Dodge Charger. Id always thought about buying an apartment building to help out young mothers like I was. Oh yeah, and a BIG POOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by