What would you do???

QueenDuck

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 30, 2012
I have been browsing the interweb and found some rather pretty ducks for sale. Ther're are 7 ducks that have to all be bought together. The mother, The father and the 5 little babies. Now, I have had ducklings before and kept them inside in a brooder. I want to love and get to know the ducklings. But won't the parent ducks try and peck me when i go near them? Last time I had ducklings, I sat on the sofa and they watched tv with me. I want to be able to do that again with theese? I think they are currently living outside? Would it be to much of a shock if they moved from being OUTSIDE 24/7 to going inside most of the time and just going outside while its warm. In the picture the ducklings look about 3-4 days old. Would I have to keep the mother with them or will the mother get angry.
Any help appreciated!!
Thanks!

These ducklings will be imprinted to ducks or other ducklings...

mommy duck and daddy duck -should- try to keep them away from you, I would not separate them from mommy or brood them inside.

If you ant human imprinted duck you will have to hatch them or get them from someone who human imprints, these are too old to imprint.

Ahh, ok then. Thanks for quick reply!
I think I will still get them :) Ducks will be ducks I suppose! They wouldn't all sit on the coach with me would they? I would expect the parents would be pretty scared of me!
:)

I would like to add that those ducks will not really be pets but more ornaments. ducks like that will not enjoy human interaction greatly maybe apart form feeding. if you want a flock of compainons get some eggs or day old ducklings. i assure that was you will have ducks which will love you and will love the indoors. i have two rouen ducks i hatched myself and let me tell you the bond between us is immense. my ducks prefer to stay inside and sit with me and watch me on my laptop and lay with me then be outside. they enjoy privacy at points but most of the time they just want to be with me :D

so it depends what you want your duck to be.

heres some clips to show you exactly what you can expect from a duck as a pet

Ah,
Ok lol not a pro with ducks so you know! I'll just feed them, water them and so on. I'll let them do what they wanna do.

I would like to add that those ducks will not really be pets but more ornaments. ducks like that will not enjoy human interaction greatly maybe apart form feeding. if you want a flock of compainons get some eggs or day old ducklings. i assure that was you will have ducks which will love you and will love the indoors. i have two rouen ducks i hatched myself and let me tell you the bond between us is immense. my ducks prefer to stay inside and sit with me and watch me on my laptop and lay with me then be outside. they enjoy privacy at points but most of the time they just want to be with me :D

so it depends what you want your duck to be.

heres some clips to show you exactly what you can expect from a duck as a pet

Ok,
Thanks! I'll check them vids out later :)

Ah,
Ok lol not a pro with ducks so you know! I'll just feed them, water them and so on. I'll let them do what they wanna do.
Oh trust me when i hatched Donald and Daffy it was my first time and i had never done it before. it seems to be something you learn along the way and its worked perfectly. before they hatched i has never had a pet a certianly knew very little about ducks. they teach you and you teach them it seems :D

Back
Top Bottom