What would you get if you crossed...

Looks like a Sex-Link rooster. Notice the black secondary feathers, excess black in the shanks, excess black in the tail, and the gold leakage in the saddle.

Ok. I trust all you better than the lady I got him from so I am very sorry for giving you the wrong info Chicken Frenzie.
hu.gif

Quote:
You must have something mixed up there, a Barred roo over RIR hens is going to produce barred offspring unless he only has one copy of barring and if so he most likely wouldnt be pure. If he only had one copy then half would be barred and half would be non barred and all of yours look non barred.

Well I was told he was barred rock and some of his offspring developed barring after they were about 4 weeks old as seen in the 2nd picture. The girls stayed black and the boys developed barring. One had the white barring the other red barring. Daddy looks like a BR only not as light as his brother. So if he isnt BR sorry for the misinformation.

That isnt barring in the cockerel in the second picture on your first post, that is Silver leakage. Barred its visable as soon as the birds feather and leakage comes in after a few weeks like you are saying happened with yours.

But your roo his Heterozygous for barring(has only one copy) and is probably a mix himself, though the hatchmate does look like a pure barred rock and he he has two copies of barring ( notice his lighter coloring). So if you are breeding that darker barred roo with RIR hens, you should be getting about half barred and half non barred with varying amounts of leakage.

Back
Top Bottom