What would you put in here?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Pineapple, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Pineapple

Pineapple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2013
    I just picked up this cage for cheap on Craigslist. What would you put in it?

I'm thinking of society finches or budgies. I'm open to suggestions. They'll need to be indoor birds, relatively quiet (as far as birds go...).

It's measurements are 41H x 36W x 14D inches...
    [​IMG]

2. I'd say probably a pair or trio of lovebirds...?

3. Pineapple

Jan 5, 2013
    I hadn't thought of that. I've been told that lovebirds are temperamental. Have you experienced that?

4. Yes, my neighbor and my younger sister had and has some. They've never been temperamental to us. They're actually pretty calm! They like to eat fruits out of our hands and just chill on a perch.:D

5. MrNappy

MrNappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Ajax, Ontario
    Is the floor caged?

If it isn't you could pop in some quail there, haha.

But, for other birds you could put in some linnies or parrotlets they are relatively quiet.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  6. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri

Pretty nice cage, your suggestions are good. Society Finches are pretty quiet as are Zebra Finches. Budgies would be good as well. I like the Parrotlet & quail suggestions as well!!

A trio of lovebirds? Parrots are mostly monogamous, a trio and if they are not hand-fed pets, you can have a huge, sad mess on your hand with the odd bird out. Be careful with that. Lovebirds are best kept only in pairs or colonies where birds can establish a bond with another.

Dan

7. All of ours have always been fine together

8. Pineapple

Jan 5, 2013
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there two or three species of lovebirds floating around out there? That may be why there are different experiences...I've never owned them, though.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

9. NanaArizona

NanaArizona Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Definately Finches :) That's about the size I have for my Finches :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by