WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Swaps' started by corancher, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happytraylz

happytraylz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Quote:Congrats! [​IMG] Wow, 2 years?! That's a long wait- lotsa patience for geese raising I guess.. [​IMG]

2. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Well, my parents are almost to a warmer climate. My uncle owns a house in Key Colony, Fl. I haven't been there in probably 15 years. My parents go every year (except last year because Mom had an eye ulcer and had to have it removed. )
    They go for 2 weeks after Christmas. They used to drive but now they ride with my uncle and fly back. This is since mom had an infection in her eye that took the sight in that eye. She was a control freak and had to drive most of the time. My uncle and aunt stay there until mid March.
    I can't complain too much though because we haven't had measurable snow yet and it has been warm. It is supposed to be in the mid 40's through New Year's Day.

3. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    @EMVICKERY Girl your babies are hatching! Have been for two days now. Pics are on my thread below. I still have MANY MANY in the bator. hoping for 60-80% of 107 eggs...... last batch of the 107 due December 31st but I will give them extra days if they need it [​IMG]

4. happyhens120

happyhens120 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Central PA
    So... my sister and I are going to a livestock auction tomorrow, and since I only have 5 eggs in the incubator I'm thinking I should bring a couple more home! [​IMG] Either that or some peeps... depends on what they have. I'm so excited! You know you're old when going to a livestock auction is your idea of a good time! [​IMG]

5. happytraylz

happytraylz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Quote:I'm only 31, but that's still one of my favorite things to go to.. DH too. [​IMG] Happy shopping!!

6. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

A chicken swap is a good time for thiss 41 year old.

Edit: Apparently, my Nook makess me ssound like I'm from Sslitherin.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  7. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    Quote:I'm only 31, but that's still one of my favorite things to go to.. DH too. [​IMG] Happy shopping!!

I LOVE going to my livestock auction each Saturday. I am having withdrawal since it is closed Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.. the 7th I will be heading down!!!!!

8. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    OH look for some MF D'Uccle and some MF OEGB eggs pleassssssssse. Now I wish I lived in PA! Have fun [​IMG]

Quote:

9. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Quote:
    I didn't know you or anyone wanted MF D'Uccles. I have 2 roos & 5 hens I have been trying to sell on CL . [​IMG] Suppose I could wait for them to start laying then send you eggs before I sell them.
    They can't be far off laying....the roosters are all over them. [​IMG]

Also have Black Molted. [​IMG] They are my Favorites. [​IMG]

added some pics...tell me if they are even any good.....got the eggs at a local auction. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  10. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Deb..your eggs are on the way. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by