WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Swaps' started by corancher, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    That is a great idea. Thank you.

2. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    For my quail, I use a peanut butter jar lid, the red one, filled with polyester fiber fill, then add water. The tiny chicks can run right over it without getting substantially wet and drink it standing right on top of it. After about a week, I switch to the quail base waterers. I use the quail base for LF chicks since it is so narrow, they cannot get totally into it. As they get bigger, I switch to the regular base.

3. cuntryuppiechick

cuntryuppiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Also the dollar store votive candle holder upside down in the peanut butter lid will work as a ringed waterer. If you run out of peanut butter the plastic canning jar lids are the same.

4. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Reese & HT [​IMG]
    HT...you are right, that little EE looks exactly like the one I hatched from you. [​IMG] I still have 11/12 going strong from the last eggs I got from you. I will recandle Wed. at lock down. [​IMG]

Great ideas everyone on the Quail / tiny Serama water dishes. I think Quail TRY to drown themselves, I use the bottom of a plastic cup with the glass beads. I might try the polyfill next time I venture into the Quail. [​IMG] I think the beads also tempt the chicks to peck at them, then they realize it is water. [​IMG]

I have eggs going out to hot2pot today. [​IMG]

5. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Trying to make a new swap page..................hate it

6. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:When you get a chance I would love to see some new pics. And where are those beautiful big orps!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Quote:When you get a chance I would love to see some new pics. And where are those beautiful big orps!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures to come in the next day or two.... off to doctor appt. with DD. [​IMG]

8. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    One of my geese has laid an egg now. [​IMG]

9. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Yay! Go goose, go!

10. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    I've heard geese can take 2 years to lay so I didn't figure I'd get eggs this soon. These hatched the end of April. I have 3 Embdens and 2 Dewlap Africans. Now I need to figure out who laid the egg. I also need to separate them. Hopefully I have a pair and a trio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by