WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have talked to the owner , he origonally said I coudnt keep any becuase chickens carry deasese and parisites. I let him know that since I hatched them from eggs and they were inside birds they would never be exposed to therfor never have any of those problems so he said it was ok unless he got a complaint. I then talked to anyone close enough to me that they might hear the rooster the girl across the hall and both upstairs apt. They ALL said that they only heard him if they were in there liveing rooms and therfor awake and so it wasnt a problem and let me know even when they did hear him it was not loud, one even saids she liked the sound cuase it was really cute such a little squeeky crow. But when he came today he said there was complaints and he coudnt tell me what was said or who complained but that the birds had to go. He is considering letting me keep butter as she is a hen and cant walk properly. Im crushed. The cots go to uncle dave but I have 9 buttons and the baby cot , the 3 adult serama the 4 new babies, Luckly the 3 older babies already have a home there going to. But then I have 15 cot eggs , 8 serama eggs , 2 bobwhite eggs 2 orp eggs and 7 store eggs growing in the incubator. I dont understand , some of them play music till I can feel it let alone hear it , some party and go crashing up and down the stairs at all hours the one guy gets drunk and is loud and bellegerant and starts fights , the one women upstairs is a parinoid scizopfrentic that keeps calling the cops cuase were all stealing her stuff and trying to kill her and the girl next door gets into huge screaming matches you can hear thru the whole complex. Aparently though my little rooster and my birds are the disruptive thing in the complex.
somad.gif

Just wanted to share this with anyone that has not already seen it.  I saw some of you on the thread.

Anyway, Shellie (CelticOaksfarm) shared this with me and I am so excited about the information that I wanted to make others aware of growing and feeding fodder.  I was looking for some way to make sure my geese and ducks had a balanced diet when I put them in their breeding pens and they don't get out everyday to forage.  This system sounds great for poultry and lots of of animals.   What's better than getting our animals great food and saving money!!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/713334/growing-fodder-for-chickens/1#post

I started a meal worm farm yesterday, and I have been calling local feed stores for unhulled wheat and barley since I saw this post. My daughter just told me that I spend more time cooking/making food for the chickens then I do hers, lol.

I am looking for mini pig feed sacks must be excellent cond no seperation issues,also the nature wise horse oat feed sacks and any other nature wise that has the sketches on them,I have a mad bomber hat,never worn stored in the coupboard for years,i bought it from American Eagle when i worked there,it is rabbit fur adult size med.My picture is bad

Last edited:
Hi everyone. The owner of my building came today and said he has had complaints about the birds sound and smell. I dont understand becuase unless your right outside my front room window you cant hear them and I havent smelled any smell except bedding clean bedding cause I change it out once a week or if it gets wet or dirty. But thats beside the point I guess. I have to get rid of my birds, Im looking for people that want 3 serama 2 hens and 1 roo , and 9 button quail. I can ship them if no one is close enough to pick them up. They will be free but I would like help 50/50 with shipping costs , they are little they wiegh about 1 pound each so shipping all three serama should cost no more then 45 dollers I think tops and the buttons should be maybe 25-30 as they barely wiegh anything. Im hopeing aganst hope he will let me keep butter the special needs silkie cuase she cant go out with a flock she needs to be inside or in a pen with maybe one or two other small calm birds becuase of her lack of mobility.

Also anyone I owe eggs to please get ahold of me and let me know what I owe you from what swap and I will be gathering eggs till they leave. The cots go tammrow so I will only have the 4 eggs I already gatherd today and any they may lay tammrow befor they go. I get about 3 eggs a week from tweety pie the serama so I am not sure how many eggs I can gather befor they leave.
I am so sorry that this is happening. I do hope that he does at least consider letting you keep Butter. I know how much you love her!
hugs.gif

Yuck - cold! -17*F with wind chill of -43*F. Just need to get through the next few weeks and then we should be over the worst cold of winter. Hoping all the birds are doing okay. I will have to check them in stages since I can't stay out there that long.

These are the weeks that I hate living in Minnesota!

Yuck - cold! -17*F with wind chill of -43*F. Just need to get through the next few weeks and then we should be over the worst cold of winter. Hoping all the birds are doing okay. I will have to check them in stages since I can't stay out there that long.

These are the weeks that I hate living in Minnesota!
It's t-shirt weather here.
ya.gif

Yuck - cold! -17*F with wind chill of -43*F. Just need to get through the next few weeks and then we should be over the worst cold of winter. Hoping all the birds are doing okay. I will have to check them in stages since I can't stay out there that long. These are the weeks that I hate living in Minnesota!
It's t-shirt weather here.
ya.gif
unknow i
2665.png
u but i am so jealous! t shirt weather!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. The owner of my building came today and said he has had complaints about the birds sound and smell. I dont understand becuase unless your right outside my front room window you cant hear them and I havent smelled any smell except bedding clean bedding cause I change it out once a week or if it gets wet or dirty. But thats beside the point I guess. I have to get rid of my birds, Im looking for people that want 3 serama 2 hens and 1 roo , and 9 button quail. I can ship them if no one is close enough to pick them up. They will be free but I would like help 50/50 with shipping costs , they are little they wiegh about 1 pound each so shipping all three serama should cost no more then 45 dollers I think tops and the buttons should be maybe 25-30 as they barely wiegh anything. Im hopeing aganst hope he will let me keep butter the special needs silkie cuase she cant go out with a flock she needs to be inside or in a pen with maybe one or two other small calm birds becuase of her lack of mobility.

Also anyone I owe eggs to please get ahold of me and let me know what I owe you from what swap and I will be gathering eggs till they leave. The cots go tammrow so I will only have the 4 eggs I already gatherd today and any they may lay tammrow befor they go. I get about 3 eggs a week from tweety pie the serama so I am not sure how many eggs I can gather befor they leave.

Sent you a Pm.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom