WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Husband told me a month ago that Fedex was readying for the PO shutdowns. FedEx told their workers that they should be ready for a "Total Shutdown", soon. Now, when "Soon" is? That is another story. FedEx's "soon", can be a year or two away. I am not sure on the in's and out's of it all, I was falling asleep while he was talking (he waits until we are in bed and the lights are out to talk
roll.png
smack.gif
).

I ship hatching eggs all the time and the sort facilities seem to be the root of all my shipping problems. I've had eggs sit almost a week in them before they left. Not good for eggs much less anything already hatched. My local sort facility has closed and been moved to another town further away. I wonder if there are going to be more closings across the country. Post office broke. To me that's a joke. I think the federal govt. needs to contract the post office out to 3rd party, and keep their hands out of the revenue. I read an article about how they are using post office revenue to bail out medicare, SSI and others. Post office made all sorts of money before they started robbing peter to pay paul.

I try to ignore these kind of posts but it is becoming very irritating to me so I'm going to say this and then let it go.

In 2006, the Congress, in a lame duck session, put a financial burden on the USPS that no other business, gov't or private, has had to endure. They required the USPS to PRE-fund the retirement benefits for employees for the next 75 years in 10 years (by 2016). This means that the USPS has been putting money aside, from operating funds, to meet the Congressional mandate. If the USPS did not have to meet this mandate, they would have a surplus. Processing centers would not have shut and mail would not now be truly "snail mail". UPS and FedEx contract with the Post Office to deliver parcels that are in rural, out of the way, areas because they (UPS/FedEx) don't travel to all areas and USPS does. When the USPS goes down (I say when because they can not win wiithout the people and the people don't know the truth) where will that money go that was put aside? Money that should have continued to provide service for all the people of the U.S. Some corporation, that says they will do a better job will get it along with all the property held by the USPS. Some one will get rich, or richer, off of the death of the Post Office. It is not and will not be "Medicare, SSI and others", it will be the cronies of the those that put the Congress up to passing the legislation in the first place.

Okay, I'm done with it. Sorry..................

I try to ignore these kind of posts but it is becoming very irritating to me so I'm going to say this and then let it go.

In 2006, the Congress, in a lame duck session, put a financial burden on the USPS that no other business, gov't or private, has had to endure.  They required the USPS to PRE-fund the retirement benefits for employees for the next 75 years in 10 years (by 2016).  This means that the USPS has been putting money aside, from operating funds, to meet the Congressional mandate. If the USPS did not have to meet this mandate, they would have a surplus.  Processing centers would not have shut and mail would not now be truly "snail mail".  UPS and FedEx contract with the Post Office to deliver parcels that are in rural, out of the way, areas because they (UPS/FedEx) don't travel to all areas and USPS does.  When the USPS goes down (I say when because they can not win wiithout the people and the people don't know the truth) where will that money go that was put aside?  Money that should have continued to provide service for all the people of the U.S.  Some corporation, that says they will do a better job will get it along with all the property held by the USPS.  Some one will get rich, or richer, off of the death of the Post Office.  It is not and will not be "Medicare, SSI and others", it will be the cronies of the those that put the Congress up to passing the legislation in the first place.

Okay, I'm done with it.   Sorry..................
Exactly my point. USPS would have plenty of money if not for their revenue going to other things. I'm not wanting the post office to go under, it's just when you have anything ran by our federal govt, who cannot balance a budget or control spending to save their lives. It's bound to end up a broke mess. Aka Medicare, social security, and many, many others. It's not USPS that is broken, it's our so called government that can't keep it's hands out of the cookie jar.

I have eggs hatching at home and I am stuck in town until later today...
barnie.gif

I hoe they all hatch today. I'm not going to be home tomorrow. My poor DD smashed her finger in the hinge side of a heavy metal door on Friday afternoon. We sat for 2 1/2 hours at the ER before they saw her. The bone in her fingertip is fractured, and her nail bed is sticking out of her finger. All they did was bandage it and put her on antibiotics and pain meds. She has to see a lastic surgeon in Duluth tomorrow to see if her nail can be saved... Poor girl..
hit.gif
That sounds so aweful! I hope they can save her nail. How old is she? Boy when is rains it poors.

Kimmie

you all are makeing me nervous Im sapose to ship baby button quail (not really babies they have all there feathers) , the three serama I hatched befor christmas , and two adult serama out on monday. If they have feathers and all they will be ok right. Its sapose to be in the forties and fifties here.

Just looked at your swap page- I will be stalking you to get some plants for my mother. She is a garden fanatic and I might just become her favorite child with some of those... hahah

I would normally have even more plants available, but I've been super busy with the birds and not putting in much time in the greenhouse. Maybe I'll have everything balanced out by next fall lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom