What You Do When Diapers Don't Fit.......... LOL

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
7205_diaper_emu.jpg

You tie it up, lol....................... I wish I had chicken diapers when I raised my last emus.....hehe. I'm trying not to get attached......... he is for sale, he was supposed to be a girl......I'm not getting attached........

He is soooo cute. My favourite memory of seeing wild Emu in Australia was seeing them swimming on a dam at an army base. I saw them from a fair distance and knew they were WAY too big to be ducks - but as I drove closer I was really amazed to watch them right in the middle of the dam.

No, I couldn't sell them for meat............ they are just too friendly, i can't even eat my own chickens.. LOL They actually make good guardians for livestock. If you have a few of them in a pasture they will go after anything they feel is a treat to "their" flock" and bite & stomp it. People also won't dare to come in your yard....Emu don't know what personal space is and it creeps people out....plus most people are terrified of a big Dinosaur walking your yard...he he. Males seem to be better pets than females, as they seem to be friendlier. My one male is like a big dog, follows me around, wants emu hugs, will lay down by me when I'm working on something, plays with my hair... just a big lap emu, he he. When raised from babies and given attention and exposure they are very docile natured, people friendly animals and will also get along with chickens and other animals. Mine have never gone after anyone.... well they have gone after anything shiny that person was wearing... but not the person themselves. They are HIGHLY attracted to anything shiny or bright colored, or moles... they think they are bugs..... ears sometimes..... jewelry.... glasses. So it is best to train them the "NO" command.... although they are not the brightest match in the box.... LOL Oh, and they LOVE the water............. I often see the geese upset because the emus are hogging their pool..LOL

7205_jazzyseyes.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom