What you feed your chicken /allergies

I'm so sorry that this happened to you! This is definitely a good reminder. I personally don't feed my hens nuts but if I every do I will make sure to disclose it

Hmm... I hope this doesn't happen with soy. I guess that would explain why I can't eat more than two eggs without getting a stomachache. My chickens' feed has soy in it.
Unless you want organic, try this soy free layer feed.
It comes in a pellet only.
20190317_114902.jpg

GC

Allergies are mysterious. I believe 100% that the poster almost certainly reacted from nuts present in some slightly diluted form in those eggs. I also nursed a baby who very obviously reacted to certain foods that I ate and very obviously got dramatically better when I removed the offending foods from my diet. Said child is ten now and is still very “allergic” (non IgE though) to wheat and cow’s milk, though he did “grow out of” several other food intolerances. He could not tolerate eggs for the first 4+ years of his life. He would get hives & start wheezing with just a tiny bite of scrambled egg. But then I got my own chickens & started mixing my own chicken feed, without the things my child was allergic to. And he could eat my eggs! After a couple of years of eating our eggs at home he was eventually able to eat regular grocery store eggs without having obvious reactions as well. I think it’s unwise to divorce what our animals eat from the potential impact it has on our bodies if and when we eat their products or their meat.

Hmm... I hope this doesn't happen with soy. I guess that would explain why I can't eat more than two eggs without getting a stomachache. My chickens' feed has soy in it.
About 10 years ago I started getting sick to my stomach after eating eggs. I could eat a little, like in cake, in breading, etc. Turned out to just be the yolk, I could eat egg whites. Tried duck eggs, and they don't bother me at all, so now we keep ducks. I recommend duck eggs, I can't tell any difference. People who think that there is a difference don't notice if you don't tell them.

Many scratch brands have peanuts in them.
I give crushed plain roasted peanuts and sunflower seed hearts,flax seeds,put with chopped greens.In a snack tray as well.They love them as much as mealworms.A few tbsp. a day for 9 chickens.
A member of family very allergic to peanuts. They never had a problem,they know I feed them peanuts.

Back
Top Bottom