1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 5sallad5, Apr 25, 2009.

1. 5sallad5

5sallad5 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Trion, Ga
    [​IMG] This is my araucana Chipmunk. What color could she be? I also have a roo that looks the same.
    2nd [​IMG]
    People say it is a White Leghorn, but there not sure. Thanks for helping, 5sallad5.

2. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    Where did you get your chicks? True Auracanas are pretty rare; if you got them from a feed store, then it is an Easter Egger.
    I think chick #2 is a Leggern.

Also, it would help to put more info in the title of your post. It will help other people know what info you need.

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    That easter egger chick will probably be a shade of brown, with kind of partridge back and wings.

And I'm thinking people are probably white that the white one is a leghorn.

Darling babies!

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    The easter egger will probably be a silverish color. The second one is the farthest thing from a leghorn, it is a cornish cross meat chick.

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:I agree with both, but the EE will most likely be a brown color. And yes, that does look like a meat bird.

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:I agree with flyingmonkeypoop. Check out my Cornish Rocks here and see if they remind you of your white chick. Mine came from TSC.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  7. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    The white one looks just like a Cornish. We have 28 of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by