Whatever happened to truth in advertising???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SpringChickens, Jun 11, 2009.

1. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    My daughter turned three a few weeks ago, so for her birthday we got her a wading pool. It looked really cute on the box, with a whale shaped slide and what appeared to be a decent sized wading pool. Well... First I will show you the box...

[​IMG]

Looks cute, right?? Well... we pulled the pool out of the box and blew it up (a task in itself!!), and look at what we got!

[​IMG]

Keep in mind my daughter JUST turned 3!!! It's not like she's too old to be playing in this pool!! [​IMG] These things drive me nuts!! If I had known the pool was going to be this small, I would have spent my money on a different model!! [​IMG] Horrible!!

ETA: There is NO WAY 4 kids could play in that pool!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Songster

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    That is so sad, and funny at the same time. My 3 yr old just saw it, and all she is saying is that she wants one. That is obviously false advertising, and a photoshop job by the company. I would return it to where I got it, even if it is dripping, and write the company. Also, you can write your local paper, sometimes they run stories about things like that. [​IMG]

3. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    That is awful! I really hate false advertising. Especially things marketed to little kids.

4. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    That is terrible!!

But Im not going to lie, they did a pretty darn good job photoshopping!! [​IMG]

5. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    They did!! I really thought that was the size I could expect! The worst part is that they say this pool is not for children under 2. I think that's the only size that might actually have some fun in it!!

I doubt even two kids could really fit in it comfortably.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I hate those kind of ads, it makes me mad when they say it can fit X amount people in it and once you got it set up, it only fits 2 big people instead of six!!!! It was a blow up blue swimming pool.

7. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Songster

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    Where did they find those tiny children for the box cover? [​IMG]

8. sesa

sesa Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Thurmont, Md
    munchkin land

9. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    Quote:The worst part of it... you look at those kids faces on the box and they look older. I would guess at least 4 if not 5. GRRRR!!

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Are the dimensions listed on the box?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: