whats a cashiers check??

thankyou thankyou thankyouu for all the replies
big_smile.png
i appreciate it. i felt a little dumb not quite knowing what one was
hide.gif

it costs a fee to make one?
duc.gif
thats not cool. oh well. if its only a couple extra dollars thats alright i suppose...
i still think everyone should have a paypal account.... not like theyre hard to make, and they are so much faster/easier than having to go out and get a bank check, mail it, wait for them to get it and cash it, and thennn wait for them to send the stuff out..
he.gif

Quote:
4-6$ Deb..wow!!! What bank do you use so I know NOT to use it when I needa cashiers check! thats insane...mmm Im going to ask Hubby-he does all those kinds of things maybe Im way off???

Well I am in CA, the Gouge Whoever You Can state.

hopefully where im in Maine, home of redneck poor folk, the charge wont be too much
big_smile.png

Quote:

hopefully where im in Maine, home of redneck poor folk, the charge wont be too much
big_smile.png

I certainly do hope that is the case. Here they are expensive.

I was a banker.....can't write you a cashiers check unless you have an account. If you don't have a bank account another great option is a money order from the post office. Works the same way, you just go to the post office, give them cash and they give you a check that can't "bounce" as it is paid for in advance. From their website:

Domestic Money Orders

Money Orders let you send money safely through the mail.

Postal Money Orders are a safe, convenient, and economical alternative to sending cash through the mail. They can be purchased from any Post Office™ locations in the United States as well as from any rural route carrier, available up to $1,000 each. A current government-issued or state-issued picture identification is required for money order purchases of $3,000 or more in a single day. ........Money Order A safe, convenient, and economical alternative to sending cash through the mail. $1.10 for $0.01-$500
$1.55 for $500.01-$1,000.

Ask if she will take a Postal Money Order , a whole lot cheaper and just as secure . Paypal is pretty cool though . I have it and use it .
thumbsup.gif

Some grocery stores sell them for about 50cents .

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
4-6$ Deb..wow!!! What bank do you use so I know NOT to use it when I needa cashiers check! thats insane...mmm Im going to ask Hubby-he does all those kinds of things maybe Im way off???

Yep.

Gouge now, gouge later, wait and see, then gouge them some more for good measure after they've nearly bled to death. If anything moves, gouge it again.

Back
Top Bottom