**Whats a Good Bantam Breed??**

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Tripp16, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok I think I have my 2 cockerels sold so my Mom said I could get 2 more hens to replace them.

They have to be bantams so I can easily intergrate them into my bantam flock. I am wanting something showy, gentle and not to flighty.

I have been looking for Silkies EVERYWHERE which is really what I want but cant find any in my area. I have called about sets and everytime they are sold.

Any other bantam breeds that meet that criteria?? If it is a weird/not very well known breed could you maybe post a pic??

Thanks to everyone in advance!!! [​IMG]

2. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Anyone?

3. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    cochin...

/thread

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Cochin bantams....They're so darling! I've got two of them, with the frizzle genetics.....

[​IMG]
    Here's one!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Cochin. I love 'em. There are some very pretty bantam Cochins ....

6. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    Wyandotte ! I absolutely love their different feather patterns ! I only have one banty Wyandotte in my flock, and she thinks she's full size. She is soooo sweet.

7. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Seramas are great ! [​IMG]

8. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    SERAMA!!!!! They have only been in the USA since 2001 and they are between 8-16oz in weight!

Here is my first Serama and the one who got me hooked on the breed, Her name is Star
    She's about 10-12 weeks old now (I think without going to a calander..) and she's smaller then the Silkies I have who are younger then her by 5 or so weeks!!
    Only downfall to them is they dont winter well so they would need artifical heat.. Im bringing mine inside this winter!

[​IMG]

9. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    you could order silkies from a hatchery. bantam cochin (they come in normal feathered and frizzled), favorelle's, almost every breed comes in standerd and bantam, nankin check at purley poultry they have almost all these breeds. u could get a pair of bantam ducks [​IMG] they would happily live with chickens (calls, east indea's, australian spotted, silkie, mini overberg and mini appleyard- all are available at Holdereads waterfowl they will be shipped as adults in the fall, which is more pricey, or as ducklings in the spring- the ducklings do come sexed i believe- u can get a bantam duckling assortment if u can't decide.)

10. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Sebright My hen is a sweet heart and very pretty
    [​IMG]

Japanese Bantams are cool also this is my roo
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by