**Whats a Good Bantam Breed??**

Tripp16

Songster
8 Years
May 26, 2011
North Carolina
Ok I think I have my 2 cockerels sold so my Mom said I could get 2 more hens to replace them.

They have to be bantams so I can easily intergrate them into my bantam flock. I am wanting something showy, gentle and not to flighty.

I have been looking for Silkies EVERYWHERE which is really what I want but cant find any in my area. I have called about sets and everytime they are sold.

Any other bantam breeds that meet that criteria?? If it is a weird/not very well known breed could you maybe post a pic??

Thanks to everyone in advance!!!
big_smile.png

SERAMA!!!!! They have only been in the USA since 2001 and they are between 8-16oz in weight!

Here is my first Serama and the one who got me hooked on the breed, Her name is Star
She's about 10-12 weeks old now (I think without going to a calander..) and she's smaller then the Silkies I have who are younger then her by 5 or so weeks!!
Only downfall to them is they dont winter well so they would need artifical heat.. Im bringing mine inside this winter!

285522_154844761262212_100002100667846_331675_5114620_n.jpg

you could order silkies from a hatchery. bantam cochin (they come in normal feathered and frizzled), favorelle's, almost every breed comes in standerd and bantam, nankin check at purley poultry they have almost all these breeds. u could get a pair of bantam ducks
big_smile.png
they would happily live with chickens (calls, east indea's, australian spotted, silkie, mini overberg and mini appleyard- all are available at Holdereads waterfowl they will be shipped as adults in the fall, which is more pricey, or as ducklings in the spring- the ducklings do come sexed i believe- u can get a bantam duckling assortment if u can't decide.)

Back
Top Bottom