What's a good brand of incubator?

Gindee77

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
QCA, Illinois
I have been looking at hatching eggs and incubators on eBay lately and there's a Little Giant that's within my price range. (Under $50!)

I need to hatch eggs like I need a hole in my head!! But I just can't help it...I read all your posts and it sounds like so much fun. I may have to wait until next spring, but I'd love to read up about it and learn all I can...because I just KNOW I'm going to end up doing this sometime or another!

It's amazing how my mind runs in a big huge circle...first I decide to get chicks to stop my usual spring urge to move to the country. I just can't afford to move at this time. The village clerk said he thinks I could have a few chickens IF the neighbors don't complain...I decide to get 3 or 4 chickens ...I ended up with 17 chicks and have convinced myself that I can handle 8-10 chicks in the coop I have. I won't have roos because of the noise, don't want to stir up those neighbors. Then I start reading about hatching eggs. Then I think I could buy eggs to hatch and still not need a roo. But then I see all the beautiful breeds out there and feel like I want to raise some purebred chicks from my own stock. Then I realize that if I need a roo, I'll HAVE to move to the country.

See what I mean? Would someone please stop me?????
he.gif

Anyway, what was my question again??

Arrrggggghhhhhhhh
barnie.gif

The little giant is very economical but can be a little finicky. If you want a foolproofi incubator go for the genesis 1588 hovabator and cutler supply has them reasonalbly priced. They run around 150.00 with turner, 110 without turner. I have two little giants and after messing up two hatches of very expensive eggs I went for the idiotproof incubator. I work long hours and I'm not home in case my little giant has a heat surge which they are known to do. The 1588 is pour in the water, plug it in and just add eggs.

Best incubator yet is a good silkie hen. Never have to worry about power outage, temp or humidity, just keep food and clean water close by. Go out and fuss over her every day and in no time your peeps are following their stepmom around.

Back
Top Bottom