What's a good breed for a beginer

Quote:
No faverolles
sad.png

frow.gif

I would recommend Silver Grey Dorkings -- The pullets come in to lay early,& lay approx. 6 eggs per week. They make wonderful broody hens & mothers. Both the hens & roos are gentle & approachable & will eat out of your hand. Both males & females look beautiful. They are large birds & make great meat birds.

Hattie

After not having chickens for 20 years, I have 5 baby sexlinks. Certain they will work out fine for delicious eggs, One can hope, All I know is they are a month old now, very cute and eat out of my hand
smile.png

Quote:
i know i just really like EE's and already have LF and a bantam pullet and getting a bantam roo so im keeping them for shear enjoyment

o and i forgot if i can im going to dabble in seramas i cant show them either but i like them too!

i will have cochins maybe ameraucanas, and sussex to show plus my ducks so i have to some fun breeds!!!

Quote:
No faverolles
sad.png

i no i was kind of on the fence with them but i might get a couple to put in with my EE's

There awsome you should go for it
tongue.png

The only showing I do with my Gold Comets is to take my friends out to the run and show 'em where those big beautiful brown eggs they buy from me come from. They bring their little ones over to see Miss Teresa's Chicken Ranch and they get to go in with them and pet them. The GC's love people and squat any time the kids get up enough courage to reach down and pet them. You should see the looks in their eyes. Now, that's showing enough for me... What kind of showing are you talking about?
smile.png

724615147_pCkQX-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom