1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

whats a goos place/hatchery to get chicks from?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pupmom10, Sep 8, 2009.

1. pupmom10

pupmom10 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2009
    PA
    I am looking at a few hatcheries and wondering if any are better then others? I only want a few more chicks... I see some offer pullets, do they really mean pullets , like older chickens or still day olds... Im a little confused...

2. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I am going to suggest MyPetChicken.com that is were I got my from and they are all happy and healthy chicks. I was very happy with them and there customer service. You can order as few as 3 chicks that are a standard size and if you want bantams then you can order 5 I think it is. They also had some red star pullets that are 20 weeks old that you could by last time I looked. I don't know if they have them all of the time but you could call. They sex them and vaccinate them if want that is extra. When they say pullet they mean an actual pullet. The rest of the time they say female or male.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by