whats a popular type of quail

birdboy508

Songster
8 Years
Jul 21, 2011
east taunton
just wondering whats a popular type of quail.
hmm.png

as a child i always had the image of california quail in my mind. never knew about many others. then when i was 10 we got some bobs from my grandfather. iv raised bobs and coturnix ever since. i have however cleaned out the bobs for this year and strickly did coturnix and starting buttons(chinese blue breasted quail) i hope to get back into bobs and even start some valley or gambels down the road. it's never ending once you really get into the hobby. most people raise coturnix, button quail, bob whites, valleys, gambels, and even mountain quail. there are other types of course but these seem to be the more popular of them... quail are awesome little creatures
thumbsup.gif
bow.gif
tongue.png

first thing someone thinks of when they hear quail is this sucker:
h2940pi.jpg

california(gamble) quails

here on the forums the most popular quail is coturnix, they come in many different colors/variations
coturnix.gif

you always hear about Coturnix, Bobs and A&Ms here... Sometimes you'll hear about Buttons

I know im into Buttons and Its like pulling teeth to find any in my area that isnt 1-2 hour drive.... now Coturnix and Bobs theres a couple people within 30 min of me who have them! So I would definitely say Coturnix and Bob Whites

Back
Top Bottom