whats a sizzle?!

The minutes from the ABA Semi-Annual Meet in April 2007 made this change to ABA rules and brought it in line with APA rules. See page 137 of the ABA 2008 yearbook.

While it is probably too late to change the results of the NE Poultry Congress, you should contact the Show Secretary and let him know (diplomatically, of course) that his information is significantly outdated.

Might not be entirely incorrect.....

Did the judge ask you what breed your chicken was? If you told him a silkie x frizzled cochin then his assessment will be correct as he will judge it to a frizzled cochin standard..... but since yours is a x-bred, it will not be judge as a frizzle (they have to be a frizzled feather of a recognised breed).

The thing that'll be interesting to watch is when somebody actually benched a frizzled silkie.... which I intend to do next year....
tongue.png

You know ,now that i think of it, i put her in as a frizzle bantam, they dqed her by saying on the paper (color type) then i asked the president of the show what that meant and that was the anwser he gave me, what i posted in my last post.
idunno.gif
so do you think i should hold on to her?

I am guessing this may have been your first show?

Seems like there was a lot of mis-communication. During a show, the show secretary is usually very busy, so try to get your questions answered before the day of the show.

In future, she should be listed as a bantam, under the class Featherleg, breed Sizzle, variety Black. Depending on her age, she is a pullet or hen.

Should they not accept Sizzle (I've never been at a show that would not accept an unrecognised breed, but it could happen) list her as a silkie, but make sure to explain that it is a new breed being developed from frizzled silkies.

In general, her skin should be slate to black. She should have a mulberry to black coloured walnut comb. She should have 5 toes per foot. She should have a crest and feathered feet and legs. Her feathers should be frizzled and not silkie. Now, I say this expecting from what I've heard people express on opinion on that this is pretty much what the working standard will be. It's possible that some of this will change, but I doubt it.

Her feather colour needs to match the standard. At this point any recognised colour should be available.

By all means continue to show her. Showing is the way a breed becomes recognised.

Suze

Back
Top Bottom