whats a sizzle?!

mahen8622

Songster
11 Years
Jan 19, 2009
KY
Hey i might be buying some sizzle eggs but i have no idea what a sizzle IS lol let me know and please post sizzle pics

Its a frizzleXsilkie. But why are you thinking of getting them if you didn't even know what they were
hu.gif

ETA: Sorry i dont have pictures
sad.png
I have both breeds, but have not hatched any yet. I hope someone posts pics for you so i can see too
smile.png

Last edited:
Do you know why your not sucessful? I imagine your reading up on it to figure out how to get it working for you?? I was reading in the 'chicken health handbook' how important the right temp and humidity are, and how important it is too keep them steady and correct the entire time. If not, you can have alot of problems. Its a great book to have handy for anyone that has anything to do with chickens.

Hello;

There is a list for Sizzle fanciers at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sizzles/
It
was started for people interested in this newly developing breed. The foundation for the breed is SilkiexFrizzle Cochin. The current standard being used by this group is the basic Silkie standard with a feather difference of hard curled instead of the regular silkie feather. Depending on your generation of eggs you could get up to 4 different "types" We are currently calling the birds who come out looking like the standard we are breeding for Sizzles with a capital S the three other types we are calling sizzles with a small s to differentiate. Type #1 would be Sizzles, all the qualities of a Silkie with the hard curly feathers #2 smooth sizzles, all the qualities but with a hard smooth feather, “frilkie” sizzles, what we are calling Frizzled Silkie feathering & silkie sizzles, those that look like silkies but carry the genetics for Sizzles. Because of the need to not breed curly to curly (at least not often) the smooth sizzles are necessary.
Some of us are working on 4th and 5th generations, trying to get them to breed true and breed out the faults bound to happen when there are big differences in a cross, ie: 4 toes to 5, different comb, etc. There are some folks out there doing the serious research & genetics do develop this breed. There are also probably some folks out there who are just breeding to sell eggs for the latest craze. I’m afraid I’ve heard about a few of those.
If you are interested in seeing pics you will find some on the Sizzle site. You will also find some helpful files with information on overcoming some of the problems there are to overcome to stabilize the breed. I wish you the very best with your eggs & hope tio meet you on the Sizzle list!
SarahsSizzles

Back
Top Bottom