What's blue, copper, and yellow all over? This chick, that's what. What is this thing?

Chicken Fruit

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Echo Homestead
This is a packing peanut. He came marked as male from Privitt. He's not so much bigger than the rest, as he is more robust. Heavier.

His feathers are coming in a speckly dirty white. Not really barred. He appears to have a pea comb. his back is the color of a blue cochin. Beak is coppery brown, legs clean.

Last edited:
Oh for serious? Why didn't they send me some pullets as well? lol! I have to go see if they carry that, because that would be so so pretty. I likely require more.

Mooooore!

**edit** yup. That chick looks JUST like the ones on the website for that breed and color. Thanks hdowen!

Last edited:
yep, blue laced red wyandotte.
thumbsup.gif
if you can keep rooster i would keep him, those roosters sure are the prettiest!

My blue laced red wyandottes did not look like that. They were chipmunk colored. Doesnt look like a BLR wyandotte to me.

this is what mine looked like.

Last edited:
I know, right?! It's nuts! It must be because everyone makes the color from different directions or something. How was the coloring on yours once grown? Very pronounced lacing?

They are fairly decent. They are not show birds by any means. I got mine from a backyard breeder. The blue color is darker than what shows in the picture in real life it is like a medium blue.

Back
Top Bottom