what's in your fridge?

The usual stuff in ours, but we have a second fridge in the garage for beer and pop and anything that won't fit in the kitchen fridge. We actually have a whole wall of refrigerators and freezers in the garage. When we moved here this spring we brought our refrigerator, upright freezer and chest freezer with us. The previous owner left two refrigerators and an upright freezer, but pulled a non-working fridge out of the basement and hauled it out of here. Not to mention a large, walk-in egg cooler in the layer barn. I think that's it, I've lost count.

Not much.
smile.png

Quote:
Well, I have:
A bowl for the chickens tomorrow
A bowl for the dog tomorrow
Pickles
Leftovers from Thanksgiving
18 pack of washed eggs (plus a pie plate full of unwashed ones on the table
tongue.png
)
Velveeta
Pint jar of Muscadine jelly
Brita pitcher
BBQ sauce
Opened can of pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, and sweetened condensed milk (should use these up soon!)
Leftover chili mac that will probably be breakfast
Some of that Garlic sauce from Papa John's pizza and some of those peppers from the pizza box - I save them to slice in scrambled eggs! mmmmmm
Some sandwich fixins, pepper jack cheese and ham I think

I'm serious that's pretty much all that's in there! Kinda seems like a really, hodge podge collection of weird stuff.

Last edited:
LEFTOVERS!! Lots and lots of leftovers. We've finished off the mashed taters, his moms turkey, etc., but I still have our turkey (a 22 lb-er for 2 people! smaller turkeys were sold out) and enough other side dishes to feed an army. It doesn't help that the weekend before T-giving was DHs 40th surprise party, so I am still trying to finish off the baked beans and cheesy potato dish that his mom made.
th.gif
I told DH that money is tight, so we're gonna be busy with leftovers for the next 3 weeks...just in time for Xmas leftovers.
barnie.gif
I have NO room left in the fridge. Luckily, we have a second fridge in the garage for beer, soda, etc. and that freezer is full of meats, so it's a stuffed puppy too. Even the eggs are currently banned from the fridge.

How many dishes can we use turkey in....
turkey and veggie omelette
turkey sandwich
turkey burrito
turkey taco
turkey baked ziti
turkey noodle soup

When I was a teenager we all hung out at my friend's house cuz she lived alone (long story...) and all she ever kept in her fridge were 4 or 5 bottles of salad dressing and purple kool-aid - it became our rambling joke!
lol.png

ok not funny because she was really poor and couldn't afford to eat... but we all got by.

What's NOT in my fridge is a better question.

Actually, the answer to that is Ranch... used the last bit making up the kids' lunches... and have to make a fresh batch.

Turkey and whatnot leftovers are taking a bunch of space...

I wish I had turkey in my fridge
hmm.png

Right now there's a batch of defrosted ground beef, I have to make a sort of pasta casserole for dinner.

Any recipe suggestions??

Quote:
Lasagna.

However, I am partial to taco pie - make taco filling, add beans and onions and cheese, top with cornbread batter and bake done.

Back
Top Bottom