What's one fact about poultry that SHOCKED you?

I read that when the chick is developing, it develops in the egg with one eye pressed against the shell (the black blob you see when candling), which becomes the nearsighted eye... the one used for foraging. The other eye is farsighted and used for scanning the sky and across the fields for danger. That’s why they tilt their heads in different directions while doing one or the other. Thought that was incredibly awesome!

The fact that they really are tiny dinosaurs. My friend once had a family of rats under her plastic Rubbermaid shed. Biiiiiiiiiig nest of little pink, wrinkly babies. While one of her kids ran for the BB gun, the chickens swooped in and
Nintendo Eating GIF

on all those little babies. Not a single piece of crime scene evidence left.

I read that when the chick is developing, it develops in the egg with one eye pressed against the shell (the black blob you see when candling), which becomes the nearsighted eye... the one used for foraging. The other eye is farsighted and used for scanning the sky and across the fields for danger. That’s why they tilt their heads in different directions while doing one or the other. Thought that was incredibly awesome!
I didn't know that! That is so cool, thats why my birds stare up at me with the side of their head when I look at them from the upstairs window

The fact that they really are tiny dinosaurs. My friend once had a family of rats under her plastic Rubbermaid shed. Biiiiiiiiiig nest of little pink, wrinkly babies. While one of her kids ran for the BB gun, the chickens swooped in and
Nintendo Eating GIF

on all those little babies. Not a single piece of crime scene evidence left.
My older, scary-looking hen walks like dinos do in the movies!
IMG-20210403-WA0012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom