What's the best biggest courtinix breed for meat?

farmingchef

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 3, 2014
I am into a couple different breeds of quail but I'm looking for the best meat courtunix I have jumbo Texas a and m. Just wondering if there is better

I am into a couple different breeds of quail but I'm looking for the best meat courtunix I have jumbo Texas a and m. Just wondering if there is better
There are no different "breeds" there are different color phases and obviously different lines of bird but a coturnix is a coturnix. The pharaoh and A&M birds can retain the most size but you have to start with good genetics and manage you groups well to increase that size. Select breeders who grow fast and get the biggest if you want to improve the size of birds in your flock. Decide what weight you want as a standard and cull all birds who dont make that weight, breeding only the ones that do.

If you want to start with big birds with good genetics order the Jumbo pharaoh or A&M meat class birds from Jamesmariefarms.com. They are booked up through January right now which should tell you a little about the quality of their birds.

Back
Top Bottom