Whats the Best Goat Breed for Me?

Yup, he said that about our ducks too, that didn't happen!
lau.gif
Between me and my mom's convincing, and the fact that khaki campbells are not bred as meet ducks, we changed his mind! I asked my dad about the goats and he sounds interested, especially if I pay! We'll see if mom will be convinced! It'll probably next spring before I get any though... if not next year! Just gotta do my research!
wink.png

Mom suggested that I ask my grandpa if a goat would be a good friend for my horse before she even considered it. My grandpa was the one who bred and raised my horse, he knows EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING there is to know about horses. He agrees about getting a friend though.
wink.png

ah, but think of the milk, soap and so much more you can have (with some work of course!) and goats milk does wonder for the skin :D (ways to get your mom to like the idea) and think of money it would save :D

What's the saying... "if your fence won't hold water, it won't hold a goat."

This was true for us, we had a young Spanish wether, and a 200+ lb Saanen wether--both would find ways out of our horse pasture. We were fixing fence almost daily.

Quote:
Oh yes! She loves that stuff!

Quote:
I'm gonna buy some new fencing for the horse pasture, just have to measure the perimeter! Grandpa said that she would love a goat, and mom got a thoughtful look on her face!
wink.png
He just said to get a very young goat! I was kinda planning to anyways!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom