What's the breed of this chick

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
Ok. Can anyone guess the breed of this chick? I know the breed. Let's see how many can guess right. I also know the sex already as I did look at it's feathers to feather sex it. I know it may be to early, but guess the sex if you want too. This chick was huge when it popped out of it's shell. And it's into everything. Put it in w/ ones that are a week old and it's bossing some of the bigger ones around already.

100_1426.jpg

100_1427.jpg

100_1428.jpg

100_1429.jpg

I should have originally stated that this chick is a mixed chick. Both parents are purebreds. The roo is one breed and the hen is another.

Last edited:
Did you know that only a few breeds can be feather sexed? The show on dirty jobs made alot of people think that all birds can be sexed by that method, but its not true. Either way its cute
smile.png

Quote:
Well, when I look at the wing feathers coming in on these chicks some have long, short, long short, (which is suppose to be females) etc. While the others have one length (which =males). Do most breeds exhibit the long, short, etc., and one length and thus can't tell if it's male or female?

Back
Top Bottom