Whats the cause? Bumblefoot or Toenail?

ChickenPickle

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2018
My chicken Minty has been limping for the past week. Today we cleaned out the little bumblefoot she had but I dont think that was the issue. She stayed out last winter and froze her toes off. They all came off nice and easy and shes been walking fine but now she's not doing well. Her back toe on one foot did not come off from freezing and it looks a bit like its being pushed into her toe. Idk what to do. Im hoping to bring her into my vet but their always busy. I'll try and post a picture later.

Attachments

• 20210719_190246.jpg
    20210719_190246.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210719_190240.jpg
    20210719_190240.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210719_190238.jpg
    20210719_190238.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210719_190234.jpg
    20210719_190234.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 11
My chicken Minty has been limping for the past week. Today we cleaned out the little bumblefoot she had but I dont think that was the issue. She stayed out last winter and froze her toes off. They all came off nice and easy and shes been walking fine but now she's not doing well. Her back toe on one foot did not come off from freezing and it looks a bit like its being pushed into her toe. Idk what to do. Im hoping to bring her into my vet but their always busy. I'll try and post a picture later.
Did you toes come off because of frostbite?
@Kiki @casportpony

And you already know it will make it har for her to scavenge. Giving her a protein-rich treat or two sometimes will help her out in the cold.
Her toes are all healed and shes been doing great for the past 7 months just recently she started limping. I understand it will be hard for her to do stuff. Her coop was warm and open in the winter she just sat outside. Im not sure why she was outside freezing so long. Right now I'm concerned about the bumblefoot and the toenail.

I wonder if it all goes back to the frostbite. She now has to walk a little different when it comes to putting pressure on different parts of her feet to balance.

Her toes are all healed and shes been doing great for the past 7 months just recently she started limping. I understand it will be hard for her to do stuff. Her coop was warm and open in the winter she just sat outside. Im not sure why she was outside freezing so long. Right now I'm concerned about the bumblefoot and the toenail.
I don’t think I can help anymore, I’m not sure what to do but these people might; @casportpony @Kiki @sweaterthebroodyrooster

Back
Top Bottom