What's the earliest you've had a cockeral attempt to crow?

My current rooster started his high-pitch donkey crow at 4 weeks old. It was hilarious, and adorable. I should have taken that as a sign, because he's now a loud mouth. :D. I had the garage door open, yesterday, and his crows could be heard in the brooder. To my surprise, one of my 1 week old chicks let out about ten attempts of the most adorable crows you've ever heard.

I might have the record, at 8 days old, but what's the earliest you've had a chick try to crow?
I have had one crow right before hatching.

Lol, just kidding. And WOW, such early crows? what is the breed you have?

I had 2 Orpington x Barred Rock roos that I hatched start crowing at about 5 weeks. I can't imagine how hard I'd laugh hearing a chick in the brooder start crowing! My 2 Isabel Orp roos started at 5 months, late bloomers....and one of them still very rarely crows - he leaves that to his brother for the most part.

16 weeks and finally starting to crow a little. His father doesn’t even acknowledge him. He started at 5 weeks and has been on the longest pause!

Attachments

• 1E73BE00-48D7-4988-8923-6D37431AE2B5.jpeg
    1E73BE00-48D7-4988-8923-6D37431AE2B5.jpeg
    742.3 KB · Views: 4
My silkied Red Cochin bantam boys started crowing at around four days old, every one of them that I hatched. Then they would crow a few more times in their first week of life, and then I wouldn't hear a crow from them again until they were like 2 months old! I haven't hatched the silkied Reds in a few years now, though. I kinda miss waking up to those little chiir-iir-irrps of those tiny, bobbly babies trying to sound grown up and tough in their brooder less than a week after hatching. 🤣

I did get a video of one of them crowing in my last batch of them back in 2018. Took me a couple days of trying to catch him in the act so he was 6 days old in the video, but he started at 4 days old according to the post I made about it on my flock thread.

My silkied Red Cochin bantam boys started crowing at around four days old, every one of them that I hatched. Then they would crow a few more times in their first week of life, and then I wouldn't hear a crow from them again until they were like 2 months old! I haven't hatched the silkied Reds in a few years now, though. I kinda miss waking up to those little chiir-iir-irrps of those tiny, bobbly babies trying to sound grown up and tough in their brooder less than a week after hatching. 🤣

I did get a video of one of them crowing in my last batch of them back in 2018. Took me a couple days of trying to catch him in the act so he was 6 days old in the video, but he started at 4 days old according to the post I made about it on my flock thread.

Soo cute!!!

My current rooster started his high-pitch donkey crow at 4 weeks old. It was hilarious, and adorable. I should have taken that as a sign, because he's now a loud mouth. :D. I had the garage door open, yesterday, and his crows could be heard in the brooder. To my surprise, one of my 1 week old chicks let out about ten attempts of the most adorable crows you've ever heard.

I might have the record, at 8 days old, but what's the earliest you've had a chick try to crow?
Wow! Eight days! That is early. My Buff Orpington rooster, Marco Pollo, just crowed today for the first time at 10 weeks and I thought THAT was early.

My oldest rooster is 12 weeks and just started crowing at 10 weeks.. my newest guys are about 5 weeks and one of the Cockrell EE started crowing last week! Was the cutest little girl voice crow lol and it's more crow pronounced then the older one. The older one sounds kinda like a sick goose trying to honk. 🤣 now they compete each morning lmao

Back
Top Bottom