What's the genetic Phenotype is this chick's down color pattern?

The father of the sire, & dame was silver, & barred with gold leakage.

The mother of the sire, & dame was Buff, & black.

If she's gold and barred, then she got both of those from her father. If he is barred, then of course he could pass barring to her. If he's silver with gold leakage, he probably is silver carrying gold, and thus was able to pass gold to her.

If she's gold and barred, then she got both of those from her father. If he is barred, then of course he could pass barring to her. If he's silver with gold leakage, he probably is silver carrying gold, and thus was able to pass gold to her.
I posted pictures of the hen's Father, & Mother if you haven't seen them.

Yes, father is silver with gold leakage, & mother is Buff, & black.
0219191544.jpg
0219191545.jpg

The mother of the chick in question.
20200707_142050.jpg
20200707_142126.jpg
Her breast feathers are of a Salmon color, one reason I'm asking if partridge maybe a possibility as for the chick's odd pattern.
A few genetic possibilites:
e+/e^b
e+/E^Wh
E^Wh/e^b

Yes, I saw them. But I don't have any other useful thoughts about the parents or the chick you initially asked about. My genetics knowledge is rather patchy--I know some things but not others.
That's fine. I'm still learning too, one reason I'm asking for help on this one.
But I might have to wait until chick is almost, or fully featured out to know what's going on with it's genes.

I have to employ test matings of that bird with others of known genotypes where the phenotypes of the resultant offspring would be looked. Some of those offspring might need to be test mated further to see what segregates out.
Okay. Since it's a cockerel, should I breed back to his mother?

Okay. Since it's a cockerel, should I breed back to his mother?
To be honest, I have too many of my own issues to address. There are parties far more well versed in chicken genetics than I. My knowledge of genetics is limited to some of what I have personally, which is only a fraction of what is out there and does not include many of the alleles you are working with. Even with my birds, I cannot predict adult coloration based on chick down without knowing the genetic background of birds involved. I had learn through baby steps and genetics where not of the greatest interest, which is especially true now.

Back
Top Bottom