What's the most creative ways in which your vacation has gone wrong?

Here's a funny and Creative one - sorta - years ago

Flew to Germany to stay at my sister's home for a week. Just like at home, coffee morning noon and night, but hers was way better. I had the worst jet lag, headache never stopping, almost sick, really wondering if I needed a doctor. By the end of the week, pretty good feeling, better than usual in fact.

Leaving the last day, with a smug sister glint in her eye, she told me their family only drinks decaf. So I'd gone cold turkey caffeine withdrawals, from massive intake to zip, while on vacation.

Our GPS took us the back way to Atlanta and then it took us to a motel that was no longer in business
he.gif

Next time I'm getting a map.

Oh man, I've got a good one:

To get to a cruise that was booked to leave out of Florida, we were going to fly:

Airplane was delayed 2 hours. Upon getting on the plane (aka, pond jumper...) they didn't take off because there was the smell of "residual fuel" in the back of the plane. Finally, someone deemed it safe to take off.

Due to the first airplane being late by almost 3 hours, we missed our connecting flight. It was overbooked. Luckily, they had two seats in FIRST CLASS that they let us sit in. ((That's the only way to travel!!!))

It was very late by the time we reached the terminal in Florida. Our luggage never arrived. ((Luckily we still had our carry on!! LOL)) The Cruise ship would be leaving very soon, so we had to leave the airport. WE hop on a bus going to the ship, and it keeps cutting off. I'm about in tears at this point!!

We get on the boat. Navigating this thing is pretty overwhelming to me at this point. Its so late, that the opening buffet is gone. But we find pizza up on the top deck. JUST AS THE BOAT IS PULLING OUT OF THE HARBOR.

***Our luggage caught up with us at the first port: San Juan!!!***

It was a blast!

Wow, all of you!
th.gif

Especially Carols Clucks and Silly Chicken: disastrous stories.
Serendipity, glad it all turned out in the end! If I weren't butt tired at the end of a long flight, that would actually be pretty fun for me.
tongue.png
I love chaos. Sort of.
hide.gif

Anyhow... flight back was delayed because the plane occupying our gate was waiting for a passenger. We had to switch gates, and it took our plane about half an hour getting up there
he.gif

But it was all good in the end! Despite that turbulence on the way up
tongue.png
I had a pretty good holiday overall.

had a few things go wrong on vacations.

first when i was like 8-10 years old. my family went to drumheller Alberta, for you guys who don't know its like dinosaur capital of Canada, pretty awesome place for a young kid who's favorite movie was Jurassic park.
well on the way home, a car broke down in the middle of the road, and on a bridge, and of course it was on fire. it was pretty scary we had to wait like 3-5 hours for it to get put out and safe enough for us to pass. but long story short it did make a pretty big boom.

this one happened this year, went mule deer hunting, pretty much a tire decided it no longer wanted to work so it went flat, and turns out he had to tire wrench that fit (and the spare was flat) this is also on a trailer. so we had to crawl (like 60km an hour) for about 100 km to the nearest city.

Oh speaking of tires.... that reminds me of a motorcycle trip my hubby and I took from MI to NY, in late Sept., to try to catch some fall colors - on the 8-10 hr ride home...... it POURED cold rain... and at one point as we passed a semi truck, one of his tires exploded when we were right next to it! Tire shrapnel went all over, some hit us, some the bike. Luckily no harm was done, but it scared the heck out of both of us... Hubby did a great job handling the bike (we were also pulling a trailer behind us). Phew, was never so happy to be home from a trip as I was on that one!

So here is a good one. My family decided we would go to Virginia for a week. We live in the Military for the first couple years when I was born. So they always told me Virginia was the best place they lived after they have bounced to so many places. That and I was born there so they wanted to visit it all again. The trip was like 8 hours long. My dad was smart and the first night booked a big room a a really nice place. 10 year old me thought that was cool being able to swim in the heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Surprisingly hardly noone was there. So we had the pool to ourselves. Next day we decided to go find the area where we all lived. Well we got lost for 3 hours. We got hungry and we found a kfc. You think kfc should always be good. Wrong we all got nasty pukey. My dad decided to find a Motel. Everything nice was booked. Tried to find a semi descent place. Okay fine got in the room and my Mom tried to lay down. Pulled back the covers and my Mom started yelling. The sheets were so gross that she started gagging. My Dad said he wanted a different room. We go to the next room. Just as bad. Looks like the sheets had not been washed in a year. My Mom was green. Refused and said she is going to the car. My dad could not get his money back. I don't even remember where we slept that night. But the next day was horrible. They were like we will try our darndest to have fun. Decided to go to a part of town that was famous for their rows of side/market shops. Got their and everything was closed. Apperentley it was abandoned years ago. That night we decided it time to go home and never speak of this again.. So we spent like 3 days in a place being lost. And everything that my parents remembered was no longer there. So that night we had to stay at a crummy hotel that smelled like a cigar factory. Noone really slept that night and then we had a long and horrible 8 hour ride back home. Now fast forward to 20 years later and now I am in the the middle of moving to Virginia. LOL Saddest thing that was the vacation that made us never want to vacation again.

Back
Top Bottom