What's the name of the breed TSC designed as it's own?

hannakat

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Beaver County, PA
Earlier this year I saw where TSC created their own breed of chicken that's supposed to be super friendly but I can't find the name or info now. Any help is appreciated!

TX!

TSC uses regional hatcheries near the various store locations. In our area, that can mean Mt Healthy or Townline. As Chris09 says, they've no hatcheries of their own. Although, they certainly are a large enough outlet to arrange for just about whatever they'd what, I reckon. Although the hatchery has to give TSC a price whereby the stores can make a bit on the chicks, but for TSC, the whole chick sales thing isn't anywhere near a gold mine, in itself and may likely be a real pain. It is a promotional thing that generates higher foot traffic.

could you be thinking of Tetra Tints? I know a lot of folk bought Tetra Tint chicks at TSC this year.
Best,
Karen in western PA, USA
Here is the info I gathered from around BYC about Tetra Tints from three different BYCer's. It appears they are an exclusive to TSC. Karen
-----------
I just called Mt. Healthy & asked about Tetra Tint: Yellow as chicks. Adult-White bird, some may get dark spots, hens average 5 lbs. egg color is tinted light beige and they are high egg producers. Thats about all the info. they had on the birds
Here is a quote from an email when I emailed Mt Healthy about them
--------
We are carting the tetra tints just for Tractor Supply, we do not have them listed on the website, they are a high producers of creamy brown eggs, they are white in color maybe with some darker spots on them and the adult hens will reach app 5 lbs
Thank you,
Mt Healthy Hatcheries
---------
called Mt. Healthy Hatchery (where our TSC buys from) and was told that they are "Tetra Tints." They are a high egg producers of creamy brown eggs, yellowish as chicks, white as adults with possibility of some darker spots, not considered a meat chicken, weigh about 5 pounds. They are not sure of what the hybrid cross is as this is "how they are sold to us."

Last edited:
Here is the info I gathered from around BYC about Tetra Tints from three different BYCer's. It appears they are an exclusive to TSC. Karen
-----------
I just called Mt. Healthy & asked about Tetra Tint: Yellow as chicks. Adult-White bird, some may get dark spots, hens average 5 lbs. egg color is tinted light beige and they are high egg producers. Thats about all the info. they had on the birds
Here is a quote from an email when I emailed Mt Healthy about them
--------
We are carting the tetra tints just for Tractor Supply, we do not have them listed on the website, they are a high producers of creamy brown eggs, they are white in color maybe with some darker spots on them and the adult hens will reach app 5 lbs
Thank you,
Mt Healthy Hatcheries
---------
called Mt. Healthy Hatchery (where our TSC buys from) and was told that they are "Tetra Tints." They are a high egg producers of creamy brown eggs, yellowish as chicks, white as adults with possibility of some darker spots, not considered a meat chicken, weigh about 5 pounds. They are not sure of what the hybrid cross is as this is "how they are sold to us."
Here is the mt healthy tetra tints link
http://www.mthealthy.com/product/TT-sr

Chris

Back
Top Bottom