What's the name of your chicken coop? "Chicken" Hilton here

The Dharma Henhouse
big_smile.png

My name is LouAnne. Growing up I was called Lulu. While I was at work, my brother came to my place and hung up a wooden sign he made which says, "Lulu's Chicken Motel". Under those words it says "WELCOME TO THE BIRDIEHOOD".

It's not completed yet, but I'll have to put a sign out that says "Casa de los Pollos"- spanish for House of Chickens. My apartment is "Casa de los Callejeros"- House of Strays, so I figured I'd stick with the theme.
yippiechickie.gif

We used to have a restaurant around here called Chuck Wagon so we are naming our coop "Chook Wagon." It came to me around 6:30 this morning when I was in that half awake, half asleep state. Always when I do my best problem solving! We won't be eating our chooks though
big_smile.png

I can't think of anything original or cute. There are two I like, but I'm not sure if its appropriate seeing that I'm a mom of 5 girls...

The Mother Cluck'n Hen House

and

The Fuster Cluck

wink.png

I'm still thinking...

I have had the Air Coop (was on an airport so seemed right to name it after an airplane). How ever everyone just called it the Chicken Bunker, 2x12 sideing is not over doing the preditor proofing is it? The coop I had before that was also named by a neighbor. It was a very nice coop, and a lot of fussing went into it. when the neighbor would come over to check the progress or help, he would say remember this is a chicken coop not a (put out your little finger and say in your best snooty voice) Chicken Coupae. I am now building a chicken tractor and still decideing on a name maybe Poultry in Motion, or go western with Have Chicken will Travel, still thinking hmm. First I just need to finish it, I have to tell myself repeatedly it is a chicken tractor not furniture. Hang on just a sec. while a put a third coat of paint on it, it isn't quite smooth enough yet.

Back
Top Bottom