What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

I noticed that more of my hens than I thought have spur nubs. Elvira's nub is a bit longer than the typical hen spur nub though. Her other leg does have a short sharp spur. That's so interesting that their spurs tend to stay short and sharp. Elvira is terrified of my big girls but tries to be a big bad *B* around my Bantams. So that short sharp spur makes me nervous when I start hearing Elvira growl at my Serama hen and my silly Serama growls right back and gets in her "scrappy stance" 🤦🏻‍♀️

I REALLY REALLY want some longcrowers đź’ś
One of my Spitz hens will fight a Muscovy off a nest.

:weeLets see... Emu, Pilgrim Geese, lavender, white, violet (purple) & pied guinea fowl. Blue & splash jersey giants would prob be my "rarest" chicken tho. Usually people have black JG, instead of the fun colors. Dont get me wrong, we have black too & black is still beautiful :love
Guess I consider the geese "rare" because most ppl dont really keep geese anymore, and even more so, Pilgrim. And the guinea are fun and "rare" because of the interesting color. Emu are considered "exotics" and theyre large, so there is a misnomer they are aggressive, like ostrich. But one still needs a lot of space and good fencing for the larger birds.

Attachments

• guinea.jpg
    guinea.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom