What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
:weeLets see... Emu, Pilgrim Geese, lavender, white, violet (purple) & pied guinea fowl. Blue & splash jersey giants would prob be my "rarest" chicken tho. Usually people have black JG, instead of the fun colors. Dont get me wrong, we have black too & black is still beautiful :love
Guess I consider the geese "rare" because most ppl dont really keep geese anymore, and even more so, Pilgrim. And the guinea are fun and "rare" because of the interesting color. Emu are considered "exotics" and theyre large, so there is a misnomer they are aggressive, like ostrich. But one still needs a lot of space and good fencing for the larger birds.
Lavender is one of my favorite Guinea colors!

:weeLets see... Emu, Pilgrim Geese, lavender, white, violet (purple) & pied guinea fowl. Blue & splash jersey giants would prob be my "rarest" chicken tho. Usually people have black JG, instead of the fun colors. Dont get me wrong, we have black too & black is still beautiful :love
Guess I consider the geese "rare" because most ppl dont really keep geese anymore, and even more so, Pilgrim. And the guinea are fun and "rare" because of the interesting color. Emu are considered "exotics" and theyre large, so there is a misnomer they are aggressive, like ostrich. But one still needs a lot of space and good fencing for the larger birds.
Love pied patterns. I wish I could get guineas here

Ideal Poultry has been selling them for years (currently at about 1/4 the price Greenfire Farms is charging.)

I can't say whether Greenfire has better quality or not, but they certainly have high prices. I think about half of their breeds can also be found at other hatcheries, so if you find anything else you like on their site, it might be worth checking other hatcheries before placing an order.

Spangled Russian Orloffs are nice, pretty birds :)
I had a few in the past, because I liked the small comb (as compared with Speckled Sussex, that has a similar feather color but a larger comb.)
I heard some hatcheries have been selling Orloffs mixed with Speckled Sussex. Which is why I picked GFF. Not sure if that applies to Ideal Poultry though. I agree that GFF is expensive. I could go broke trying to get a female from quite a few of their breeds 🤣

Back
Top Bottom