What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
I heard some hatcheries have been selling Orloffs mixed with Speckled Sussex. Which is why I picked GFF. Not sure if that applies to Ideal Poultry though. I agree that GFF is expensive. I could go broke trying to get a female from quite a few of their breeds 🤣
My friend got some from IDEAL last year that look pretty nice.
Oh, sorry. I like the tufts, but I don't like muffs
Yeah. There are lots of differences. I'd love to have the British ones too as well, but one step at a time

The rarest breed I have is probably my isabella colored bantam brahma. I'm not sure how "rare" they are, but someone on the internet once told me they were very hard to come across.

Note: her legs are supposed to be really fluffy, but they have been trimmed. I'm letting them grow back now.

Attachments

• 20220508_212155.jpg
    20220508_212155.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh, absolutely! That's the same with any enthusiast in any hobby, though. I wouldn't know a rare variety of cultivated flower from a common one, for instance, nor could I tell you the difference between some varieties of fish that I'm sure are radically different from one another somehow. I've seen people post about differences between varieties of dog breeds on here and I stare at the picture for a long time and, yup, those are dogs. 🤣 But I for sure recognize a rare chicken breed when I read about or see them!
LOL, that's like my DH and I, he's an avid cyclist. We can be out and drive by some one on a bike, he not only knows the brand, and model but instantly picks out what kind of gears and what gear they're pushing. Me, yeah, blue bike. Me, drive past a dog, oh look a Klee Kai! I'm starting to recognize more chicken breeds, but then the more I know, the more kinds I want! Not good when you can only have 5, and you already have 4.

:weeLets see... Emu, Pilgrim Geese, lavender, white, violet (purple) & pied guinea fowl. Blue & splash jersey giants would prob be my "rarest" chicken tho. Usually people have black JG, instead of the fun colors. Dont get me wrong, we have black too & black is still beautiful :love
Guess I consider the geese "rare" because most ppl dont really keep geese anymore, and even more so, Pilgrim. And the guinea are fun and "rare" because of the interesting color. Emu are considered "exotics" and theyre large, so there is a misnomer they are aggressive, like ostrich. But one still needs a lot of space and good fencing for the larger birds.
Your guineas are absolutely lovely!!!

Back
Top Bottom